- Dorcas (Unknown) Buss's Profile
- Family Tree & Genealogy Tools
John Jones (died 1673) married prior to October 1648 (birth of 1st child) Dorcas _______. Widow Dorcas Jones remarried to William Buss (died 1697/8, his second wife) on 24 December 1674 at Concord, Massachusetts. His widow Dorcas (______) Jones Buss died in Concord on 22 November 1709.
"Ensine William Buss & Dorcuss Jones maried 24. desemr. 1674" in Concord
"mrs Dorcas Buss Relict Widow to ye Lt Wm Buss dyed Novembr ye 22d 1709" in Concord
Children of Dorcas and John Jones
- Samuel (1648-1717/8)
- Ephraim (1650-1676/7)
- Elizabeth (1652-Stratford, Connecticut) m. step brother Joseph Buss
- Joseph Jones b June 8 1654; d. before 20 June 1682
- John Jones (1656-1726)
- Dorcas Jones (1659-1746)
- Rebecca Jones (1662/3-1712
- Nathaniel Jones (say 1665-1745/6) m. Mary Rediat.
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 "Was Nathaniel Jones, Who Married Mary Rediat in 1696, a Son or Grandson of John 1 and Dorcas ( ) Jones of Concord, Massachusetts." The New England Historical and Genealogical Register. 163:105. Boston, MA: New England Historic Genealogical Society, 2009
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 Massachusetts Vital Records to 1850: Concord (Online Database: AmericanAncestors.org, New England Historic Genealogical Society, 2001-2010).
Searching for someone else?
Do you have a GEDCOM? Login to have every name in your tree searched. It's free (like everything on WikiTree).
No known carriers of Dorcas's mitochondrial DNA have taken an mtDNA test.
Have you taken a DNA test for genealogy? If so, login to add it. If not, see our friends at Family Tree DNA.
- Login to edit this profile.
- Private Messages: Contact the Profile Managers privately: Anne B and Jamie Coyle. (Best when privacy is an issue.)
- Public Comments: Login to post. (Best for messages specifically directed to those editing this profile. Limit 20 per day.)
- Public Q&A: These will appear above and in the Genealogist-to-Genealogist (G2G) Forum. (Best for anything directed to the wider genealogy community.)
On 29 Sep 2015 at 21:13 GMT Anne B wrote:
So I fear Dorcas is still unknown. Thanks.
On 29 Sep 2015 at 16:48 GMT Lizzey Bolt wrote:
On 17 Jan 2015 at 03:08 GMT Anne B wrote:
On 30 Nov 2014 at 23:10 GMT Anne B wrote:
On 1 Sep 2014 at 16:09 GMT Michelle McQueen wrote:
Dorcas is 14 degrees from Kevin Bacon, 18 degrees from AJ Jacobs, 25 degrees from Michael Phelps, 27 degrees from Neil deGrasse Tyson and 17 degrees from Queen Elizabeth II of the Commonwealth Realms on our single family tree. Login to find your connection.