- Visbur Vanlandesson's Profile
- Family Tree & Genealogy Tools
|King of Sweden
click here for  Sweden Royalty on wikitree]
Visbur was first married to a daugher of Aude the Rich with whom he had two sons; Gisle and Ond. But left her and had the son Domald with another woman. The two sons from the first marriage grew up and burned their father to death in his house. The sorceress Hulda put a spell on the family and thereafter murder of his own kin would follow the House of Yngling untill the end of time.
House of Yngling
The kings before year 800 can be considered fictional characters. The sources for their existens are stories such as Ynglingasagan by Snore Sturlason, written early 13th century, and Beuwulf, an English heroic poem which oldest written source is from year 1000. The Danish historian Saxo Grammaticus, wrote down Gesta danorum at the end of the 12th century and its value as a source has been questioned. The Ynglinga-kings are to be considered as fictional characters but they are a part of the cultural inheritance.
Visburs första fru var dotter till Aude den mäktige och de fick två söner; Gisl och Önder. Han lämnade sin första fru och fick sonen Domald med en annan kvinna. När sönerna från det första äktenskapet blivit vuxna reste de till sin far och brände honom inne i hans eget hus. Trollkvinnan Hulda la en förbannelse över Ynglingaätten som innebar att det hedanefter alltid skulle förekomma släktdråp.
- Svensson, Alex. Sveriges regenter under 1000 år. Svenskt Militärhistoriskt Biblioteks Förlag, 2010. [ ]
- Wikipedia on Visbur
Searching for someone else?
Do you have a GEDCOM? Login to have every name in your tree searched. It's free (like everything on WikiTree).
No known carriers of Visbur's Y-chromosome or his mother's mitochondrial DNA have taken yDNA or mtDNA tests.
Have you taken a DNA test for genealogy? Login to add it.
- Login to edit this profile.
- Private Messages: Contact the Profile Managers privately: Katherine Patterson, Marc Cohen, Sheri Sturm, Shaunna Fuellbrandt, Gordon Lokken, Dawn Truitt, Robert Garcia, and Chris Hamilton. (Best when privacy is an issue.)
- Public Comments: Login to post. (Best for messages specifically directed to those editing this profile. Limit 20 per day.)
- Public Q&A: These will appear above and in the Genealogist-to-Genealogist (G2G) Forum. (Best for questions directed to the wider genealogy community.)
On March 16, 2015 at 19:29GMT Lena Svensson wrote: