Susan Vause Inskeeep born abt 1739 married Abraham Inskeep in 1764.
[[From the Moorefield Examiner Moorefield, West Virginia 1906 THE INSKEEPS by H. E. Wallace Jr.
When and where he was married is not positively known but he married Susan Vause, daughter of William and Jemima (Hedges) Vause, and their wedding certainly took place in 1764 in Hampshire county, which then in 1756, the date of its erection included all northwestern Virginia. Abraham's age when he married was but nineteen, and the years of his wife were twenty-five. Where they established themselves and where their first children were born is not known, but it is more than probably that it was on a part of the identical land he afterwards leased August 3rd, 1773 on the South Branch of the Potomac, from Lord Fairfax, designated as lots 40 and 41, containing 456 acres. This is the first recorded legal transaction in which Abraham Inskeep is named and this land which was released by John Marshall January 14, 1797, was his homestead and upon this he erected his home and later the brick house, still standing, was erected by his son Isaac in 1843 and 4. Abraham and Susan (Vause) Inskeep had nine children born to them, every one of whom lived to be married and the parents of children. From the time of his first settlement in Hampshire county.]] 1764, Susan Vause d. of William and Jemima (Hedges) Vause. Their issue:- 1, James Inskeep, b. 4-38,1765, d. 5-28-1848, m. 12-27-1785, Sarah Frye, 14 children. 2nd Miss Singleton who D. S. P. 2. William Inskeep, b. 11-7-1766, d. 11-3-184? (can't read) m. 1? 16-17?? Susannah, daughter of William ?, 8 children. Secondly Elizabeth Taylor, widow of John Taylor, D.S.P. +3SarahInskeep,b.6-17-1769,d.11-17,1841,m.circa1788 William George Wilson,son of Col.Georgeand Elizabeth (?) Wilson, 13 children.
Note: John Inskeep & Inskeep Family pioneers of the Inskeep's in America. http://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=(sarah%20inskeep%201769%20%20staunton%2C%20augusta%2C%20virginia%3Ekentucky)&source=web&cd=3&ved=0CD0QFjAC&url=http%3A%2F%2Fnjdata.info%2Fburlington%2Fpdf-files%2FInskeep-Bio.pdf&ei=T0LpUYzPHoK69gTHoIGQBw&usg=AFQjCNGrcdZCNVUi3U2KFSr04wUOpc50Xg&bvm=bv.49478099,d.eWU Page nine.
This biography was auto-generated by a GEDCOM import. It's a rough draft and needs to be edited.
- Source: S-265835721 Repository: #R-849128072 Title: Ancestry Family Trees Publication: Online publication - Provo, UT, USA: Ancestry.com. Original data: Family Tree files submitted by Ancestry members. Page: Ancestry Family Tree Data: Text: http://trees.ancestry.com/pt/AMTCitationRedir.aspx?tid=60822538&pid=302
- Repository: R-849128072 Name: Ancestry.com
- ↑ Entered by Sheri Havens.
Thank you to Kaitlyn Black for creating WikiTree profile Vause-39 through the import of Black Family Tree.ged on Oct 21, 2013. Click to the Changes page for the details of edits by Kaitlyn and others.
Searching for someone else?
Do you have a GEDCOM? Register as a guest to have every name in your tree searched. It's free (like everything on WikiTree).
No known carriers of Susan's mitochondrial DNA have taken an mtDNA test.
- Login to edit this profile and add images.
- Private Messages: Contact the Profile Managers privately: Fred Goodell, Sheri Havens, and Kaitlyn Black. (Best when privacy is an issue.)
- Public Comments: Login to post comments. (Best for messages specifically directed to those editing this profile. Limit 20 per day.)
- Public Q&A: These will appear above and in the Genealogist-to-Genealogist (G2G) Forum. (Best for questions directed to the wider genealogy community.)
There are no public comments yet.