- Nesta Verch Gruffydd's Profile
- Family Tree & Genealogy Tools
Excerpt from The Consorts and Children of Gruffudd ap Llewelyn
- Gruffudd also had a daughter, Nest, who married Trahaearn ap Caradog. This man, in 1075, succeeded Bleddyn ap Cynfyn as king of Powys, and probably also king of Gwynedd. Born c. 1035, Trahaearn had sons Owain and Llywarch (among others) who were born c. 1065/1070. These dates point to c. 1050 as the birthdate of Nest, with the marriage taking place shortly after Gruffudd's death in 1063.
- Gruffudd had a second daughter, also named Nest, about 1056. It is known that this second Nest was the mother of a daughter, also named Nest, who married the Norman knight Bernard Newmarch. The husband of this c. 1056 Nest is widely cited by modern authors as the Norman man, Osbern fitz Richard. There are, however, no ancient or even medieval manuscripts which confirm that marriage.
- Name: Nesta /Verch Gruffydd/
- Darrell Wolcott, The Consorts and Children of Gruffudd ap Llewelyn
- Source: S004444 Title: Ancestry Family Trees Publication: Online publication - Provo, UT, USA: Ancestry.com. Original data: Family Tree files submitted by Ancestry members. Note: #NS044441 Repository:
- Source: #S-1992136522: Page: Ancestry Family Trees: Text: http://trees.ancestry.com/pt/AMTCitationRedir.aspx?tid=24279608&pid=1620096635
- Source: #S6: Page: Ancestry Family Trees: Text: http://trees.ancestry.com/pt/AMTCitationRedir.aspx?tid=12311418&pid=-47812335
This person was created on 12 September 2010 through the import of 104-B.ged.
Searching for someone else?
Do you have a GEDCOM? Login to have every name in your tree searched. It's free (like everything on WikiTree).
No known carriers of Nesta's mitochondrial DNA have taken an mtDNA test.
Have you taken a DNA test for genealogy? Login to add it.
- Login to edit this profile.
- Private Messages: Contact the Profile Managers privately: David Rentschler and Ted Williams. (Best when privacy is an issue.)
- Public Comments: Login to post. (Best for messages specifically directed to those editing this profile. Limit 20 per day.)
- Public Q&A: These will appear above and in the Genealogist-to-Genealogist (G2G) Forum. (Best for questions directed to the wider genealogy community.)
On April 21, 2015 at 19:40GMT Sharon Meeds wrote:
On April 21, 2015 at 00:57GMT Rev Daniel Washburn Jones wrote: