- Isabel (Vipont) de Clifford's Profile
- Family Tree & Genealogy Tools
Birth, parents and family
Isabel de Vipont's date of birth is unknown, but she was said on 15 June 1269 to be of age (though the meaning of that in the case of girls is unclear).
- Father: Robert de VIPONT of Appleby
- Mother: Isabel, daughter of John fitz Geoffrey (often called "Isabel FitzJohn")
- Marriage: after 19 Nov 1242
- Child: Isabel
- Child: Idoine, wife of Roger de Leyburn and of Sir John de Cromwell; dsp.
Isabel became sole heiress (in her issue) when her sister died s.p.
Marriage and children
- Husband: Roger de CLIFFORD, son and heir apparent (but dvp) of Sir Roger de Clifford of Tenbury, Worcs, by his 1st wife Maud.
- Wife: Isabel
- Child: Sir Robert de CLIFFORD
- Child: John de CLIFFORD 
- Child: Idonea de CLIFFORD 
- Marriage: shortly after 28 June 1265
- Death: shortly before 14 May 1292, leaving a will
- Burial: Shap Abbey, Westmoreland, England
- The Ancestry of Reverend Henry Whitfield (1590-1657) and His Wife Dorothy Sheafe (159?-1669) of Guilford, Connecticut, by John Brooks Threlfall, publ. 1989, p. 115 (This is presumably the citation for the extra husband and son. It would be interesting to see the argument. No, on second thoughts it wouldn't.)
- Source: S1312 Title: Type: Ancestral File Number Abbreviation: Type: Ancestral File Number
- Source: S2 Title: Pedigree Resource File CD 49 Abbreviation: Pedigree Resource File CD 49 Publication: (Salt Lake City, UT: Intellectual Reserve, Inc., 2002)
- Douglas Richardson, Magna Carta Ancestry, 2nd edn (2011), 4 vols, Vol 1, p. 502, CLIFFORD 5.
- Marlyn Lewis.
Searching for someone else?
Do you have a GEDCOM? Login to have every name in your tree searched. It's free (like everything on WikiTree).
No known carriers of Isabel's mitochondrial DNA have taken an mtDNA test.
Have you taken a DNA test for genealogy? Login to add it.
- Login to edit this profile.
- Private Messages: Contact the Profile Managers privately: Katherine Patterson, Darlene Athey Hill, Michael Ferris, Michelle Brooks, Jeffrey Steele, and Ted Williams. (Best when privacy is an issue.)
- Public Comments: Login to post. (Best for messages specifically directed to those editing this profile. Limit 20 per day.)
- Public Q&A: These will appear above and in the Genealogist-to-Genealogist (G2G) Forum. (Best for questions directed to the wider genealogy community.)
There are no public comments yet.