In 1258 he sued Walter, parson of Newbigging, for poaching in his deer park. The same year he fought in Wales. He was one of the most violent of the Barons in arms against King Henry III. In 1263 he excused his absence as plaintiff in a plea in Westmorland on the ground of infirmity. He died from wounds received in battle. (Ref: MCA)
"John de Gravenel (Matilda de Bussey's grandson) made an agreement with Robert (each holding a moiety of Buckland), by which John granted his moiety of the manor to Robert and his heirs for ever, while Robert then granted to John the whole manor, presumably to hold for life only, since it afterwards passed to Robert's two daughters & heirs, Isabel and Idonea." (Ref: BHO)
- Robert De /Vestpont/
- About: 1220
- 1264 6 7
Could not interpret date in Marriage Date (About:1250-00-00).
- Magna Carta Ancestries by Douglas Richardson, publ. 2005
- Parishes: Buckland', A History of the County of Buckingham: Volume 2 (1908), pp. 327-330. Date accessed: 02 May 2011
- Source: #S-1968866219: Text: Ancestry Family Trees
- Source: S2 Title: Pedigree Resource File CD 49 Abbreviation: Pedigree Resource File CD 49 Publication: (Salt Lake City, UT: Intellectual Reserve, Inc., 2002)
- Source: S3 Title: Ancestral File (TM) Abbreviation: Ancestral File (TM) Author: The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day SAINTS Publication: June 1998 (c), data as of 5 JAN 1998
- Source: S3225 Title: Type: Ancestral File Number Abbreviation: Type: Ancestral File Number
- Source: S4 Title: hofundssonAnces.ged Abbreviation: hofundssonAnces.ged
- Source: S96 Record ID Number: MH:S96 User ID: CCD7662F-AD30-47C8-B9BC-6B348174ACE3 Title: Eula Maria McKeaig II - 061204.FTW Note: Other
Searching for someone else?
Do you have a GEDCOM? Register as a guest to have every name in your tree searched. It's free (like everything on WikiTree).
No known carriers of Robert's Y-chromosome or his mother's mitochondrial DNA have taken yDNA or mtDNA tests.
- Login to edit this profile and add images.
- Private Messages: Contact the Profile Managers privately: Katherine Patterson, Brent Bowen, and Michelle Brooks. (Best when privacy is an issue.)
- Public Comments: Login to post comments. (Best for messages specifically directed to those editing this profile. Limit 10 per day.)
- Public Q&A: These will appear above and in the Genealogist-to-Genealogist (G2G) Forum. (Best for questions directed to the wider genealogy community.)
There are no public comments yet.