- Alaric I Visigoths's Profile
- Family Tree & Genealogy Tools
Categories: Battle of the Frigidus.
This is the main profile for Alaric I, 1st King of the Visigoths. Merge duplicates here.
- dau ____
- m. Theoderic, King of the Visigoths (d. 541; succeeded Walia)
- more kids (all unknown)....
- Claudian (poet)
Dillion, C.R. (2002). Royals and Nobles: A Genealogist's Tool, (pp. 223). iUniverse. eBook.
Jordanes, (551). Getica.
Procopius, (1914). History of the Wars. H. B. Dewing, (Trans). Cambridge, MA and London: Harvard University Press & Wm. Internet Ancient History Sourcebook. Web.
Wasson, D.L. (2014, September 4). "Alaric." Ancient Encyclopedia.
Zosimus (5th century historian)
|Our main source for medieval genealogy in the EuroAristo Project is the FMG database MEDIEVAL LANDS: A prosopography of medieval European noble and royal families by Charles Cawley,© Foundation for Medieval Genealogy, 2000-2013.|
- ↑ (disputed) Bros: Adulphus
- ↑ speculation: m. ____ (Father: Antharic I)
- ↑ Goth historian ... responsible for legend of Alaric's burial in the Buzita River).
Searching for someone else?
Do you have a GEDCOM? Login to have every name in your tree searched. It's free (like everything on WikiTree).
No known carriers of Alaric I's Y-chromosome or his mother's mitochondrial DNA have taken yDNA or mtDNA tests.
Have you taken a DNA test for genealogy? If so, login to add it. If not, see our friends at Family Tree DNA.
- Login to edit this profile.
- Private Messages: Contact the Profile Managers privately: Katherine Patterson, Bob Fields, and Ted Williams. (Best when privacy is an issue.)
- Public Comments: Login to post. (Best for messages specifically directed to those editing this profile. Limit 20 per day.)
- Public Q&A: These will appear above and in the Genealogist-to-Genealogist (G2G) Forum. (Best for questions directed to the wider genealogy community.)
There are no public comments yet.