- Wildelphe (Von Thuringia) Thüringen's Profile
- Family Tree & Genealogy Tools
Categories: Disputed Existence.
"Mention of the likes of Hoger and Erpes, Wedelphus, and Meerwig (Merovech) as Thuringian rulers is sheer fantasy." (Angel, n.d.)
Wedelphus and rulers before him are not historically correct.
See Basinas of the Thuringii (d. after 464) m. Basina (Lady) UNKNOWN (sometimes referred to as "Menia"; parents/origins UNKNOWN). No proven issue... chronology for brothers Berthar, Baderic and Hermanfrid is off... they have UNKNOWN origins. (See Cawley, 2006).
For Weldelphus (fictional father of Basina, who's origins are UNKNOWN), see:
- French, G.R. (1841). The ancestry of Her Majesty Queen Victoria and of His Royal Highness Prince Albert, (pp. 281). Web. http://tinyurl.com/4k32757
Gregory of Tours, "The History of the Franks"
- should not be taken as prime authority
- does mention Thuringians a bit.
"Letters of St. Boniface", missionary,
- lack of info on Turingii
- Boniface worked when the Turingii were subjugated by the Franks.
- appears to repeat the 19th century mistakes of Gustav Kosinna
- subjects reader to pure fantasy.
Searching for someone else?
Do you have a GEDCOM? Login to have every name in your tree searched. It's free (like everything on WikiTree).
No known carriers of Wildelphe's ancestors' Y-chromosome or mitochondrial DNA have taken yDNA or mtDNA tests and no close relatives have taken a 23andMe, AncestryDNA, or Family Tree DNA "Family Finder" test.
Have you taken a DNA test for genealogy? If so, login to add it. If not, see our friends at Family Tree DNA.
- Login to edit this profile.
- Private Messages: Contact the Profile Managers privately: Roger Travis, Bob Fields, Ted Williams, LaVern Payne, Jeff Johnson, and Stephen Bridges. (Best when privacy is an issue.)
- Public Comments: Login to post. (Best for messages specifically directed to those editing this profile. Limit 20 per day.)
- Public Q&A: These will appear above and in the Genealogist-to-Genealogist (G2G) Forum. (Best for anything directed to the wider genealogy community.)
On November 4, 2015 at 19:59GMT Bree Ogle wrote:
On September 21, 2015 at 22:49GMT Bree Ogle wrote:
On September 13, 2014 at 14:23GMT Roger Travis wrote:
On September 13, 2014 at 13:58GMT Renee Malloy wrote:
On February 24, 2012 at 11:52GMT Roger Travis wrote:
On December 2, 2010 at 20:13GMT Krissi Love wrote: