- Henry Wagner's Profile
- Family Tree & Genealogy Tools
Quoting from Frank Sherman Wagner:
Johann [Johann Heinrich], now called Henry may have been born in Leimen Germany in 1725. He died 26 March 1800. Henry sailed on the Gale in 1752 with wife Anna Margaretha and daughter Anna Maria Barbara. Anna Maria Barbara shows in census reports as Maria also. Henry was granted a lot in [Lunenburg town in] Strasburgers division B2 in 1754, this lot was his until 1762 and was vacant with a building from 1864-1879. Two doors up from him in lot B 5 was Rudolph Berringer
Henry was granted farm lots South E, 8, 9, 10 and 11, this is the Feltzen South area today. It is believed most of the original German Settlers living at Feltzen South were buried on Moser's Point [at the western tip of the Feltzen South peninsula], at least up until the late 1800's. Several records from other family members have them also buried at Moser's Point. There are more than 50 unmarked graves on Moser's Point which today has a house on the point. There are no records or markers for the graves. This has been confirmed by the South Shore Genealogical Society in March of 2000.
The state of Rhineland-Pfalz today is not quite the same as in 1725 or 1752 as the state borders have changed, today Leimen lies in the state of Baden-Wurttemberg.
[Henry made a] donation to Lutheran Church 0.3.0 pounds sterling (3 shillings). Shown as member in 1775 and on member ledger 1783-1785.
More About Johann Heinrich Wagner (sr): Burial: March 29, 1800, Feltzen South, Moser's Point. Cause of Death: Old Age. Emigration: September 9, 1752, The Ship "GALE". Fact 1: A Smith of sorts /Farmer. Probate: April 2, 1800, Lunenburg NS.
The following list of this couple's six children likewise is based on F.S. Wagner's family tree, with my editorial amendments:
1. Anna Maria Barbara Wagner, born Abt. 1751 in Leimen, Germany; lived in Feltzen South, Lot E-8; died in Lunenburg [?].
2. Johann Heinrich Wagner (Henry Jr.), born February 13, 1754 in Feltzen South Lot E-8; died July 4, 1803 in Blueberry NS [Queens Co.].
3. Margareta Catherine Wagner, born April 15, 1757 in Feltzen South N.S., Lot E-8; died February 3, 1826 in Feltzen South.
4. John Nicolas Wagner, born June 9, 1760 in Feltzen South; died... [?].
5. Maria Magdalena Wagner, born January 13, 1766 in Feltzen South Lot E-8; died... [?]. [SEE SPINDLER CHART & MOSER CHART – JdeR.]
- Wagner, Frank Sherman. 2002. "The Wagner Family Tree." Accessed 8 Oct 2011 & 28 Dec 2013 at  & ff pp.
Thanks to John deRoche for starting this profile. Click the Changes tab for the details of contributions by John and others.
Searching for someone else?
Do you have a GEDCOM? Login to have every name in your tree searched. It's free (like everything on WikiTree).
No known carriers of Henry's Y-chromosome or his mother's mitochondrial DNA have taken yDNA or mtDNA tests.
Have you taken a DNA test for genealogy? If so, login to add it. If not, see our friends at Family Tree DNA.
- Login to edit this profile.
- Private Messages: Send a private message to the Profile Manager. (Best when privacy is an issue.)
- Public Comments: Login to post. (Best for messages specifically directed to those editing this profile. Limit 20 per day.)
- Public Q&A: These will appear above and in the Genealogist-to-Genealogist (G2G) Forum. (Best for questions directed to the wider genealogy community.)
There are no public comments yet.
Henry is 24 degrees from Kevin Bacon, 30 degrees from AJ Jacobs, 50 degrees from Lisa Kudrow, 35 degrees from Kurt Vonnegut and 28 degrees from Queen Elizabeth II of the Commonwealth Realms on our single family tree. Login to find your connection.