This biography is a rough draft. It was auto-generated by a GEDCOM import and needs to be edited.
- User ID: E0996DFB8A8A9C4C9B20A89C75B7100C24AF
- Note: On January 21, 1742, Casper Walter warranted 400 acres of land in Antrim Township, Lancaster County, Pennsylvania, in the Conococheague settlement. This farm became part of Cumberland County in 1750, and the 1750 tax list for Antrim Township, Cumberland County lists Casper Walter. This farm is now located in Franklin County, Pennsylvania, near the city of Greencastle.
- In 1749, Casper Walter also purchased land in Augusta County, Virginia, (now Hampshire County, West Virginia), near the city of Romney, where his son Ephraim settled in 1765.
- On Sunday morning, July 8, 1756, the farm in Cumberland (now Franklin) County was attacked by a small band of Indians. Casper Walter, who had been sitting on the porch, reading his Bible, was instantly killed. His wife, Barbara, was tortured but survived. She later married, as her second husband, Henry Householder, of the same place. The three younger Walter children were murdered by the Indians, but the four eldest were spared and carried off by them. These children were: John, born 1743, Ephraim, born 1744, Mary, born 1745, and Rebecca Regina, born 1746 (others say 1736, which seems less likely, given the ages of her siblings, and family accounts placing her at ten years of age when carried off by indians).
- Data Changed:
- Date: 7 May 2012
- Time: 20:32:10
- Date: 7 May 2012
Prior to import, this record was last changed 20:32:10 7 May 2012.
- WikiTree profile Walters-964 created through the import of earnst eabaugh.ged on Aug 26, 2012 by Vera Lewis. See the Changes page for the details of edits by Vera and others.
Searching for someone else?
Do you have a GEDCOM? Register as a guest to have every name in your tree searched. It's free (like everything on WikiTree).
No known carriers of John's ancestors' Y-chromosome or mitochondrial DNA have taken yDNA or mtDNA tests.
- Login to edit this profile and add images.
- Private Messages: Send a private message to the Profile Manager. (Best when privacy is an issue.)
- Public Comments: Login to post comments. (Best for messages specifically directed to those editing this profile. Limit 10 per day.)
- Public Q&A: These will appear above and in the Genealogist-to-Genealogist (G2G) Forum. (Best for questions directed to the wider genealogy community.)
There are no public comments yet.