This bio is only meant as a brief summary, in order to sort out some of the John Wards. Seth should be properly researched and sourced at some point.
Because of the places involved John Ward, of Cambridgeshire, alleged father of Seth Ward of Virginia is not the John Ward of Pontefract.
Seth might be the grandson of Seth Ward who died in Abbington, Cambridgeshire, England in 1598. He left a will dated February 14th, 1598 and proved June 20th 1598. Named in his will were his wife, Annis/Anne also sons: John, Enos and Thomas; daughters Marie Warde and Anne Jacob; Grandchildren: John and Seth Warde, sons of John, and Anne Ward daughter of John, and grandchildren Martha, Alice and Marie. Seth also mentioned his brother Robert Ward, and Sister Wilsonne.
Seth Ward was born around 1613 in England. This date is pretty consistent around the internet.
Who is Seth Ward's mother. There is probably not one shred of evidence for either of these women.
Some sources list him as married to Katherine Smith.
It is supposed he died in Varina Parish, Henrico, Virginia, before 1677, which is the date that Varina records exist.
Seth had a son Richard. The son Richard died in 1682 leaving a wife, four children and a will.
Death date of 1711 seems off and probably belongs to still another Seth Ward.
To begin further research consult William and Mary Quarterly Vol. 27, No. 3, Jan., 1919
Also the website Ancestors of Virginia and Beyond has gathered a lot of the research together in one spot.
- Mike Slaton, firsthand knowledge. Click the Changes tab for the details of edits by Mike and others.
- WikiTree profile Ward-4789 created through the import of LNMaggard GEDCOM.ged on Apr 9, 2012 by Larry Maggard. See the Changes page for the details of edits by Larry and others.
- WikiTree profile Ward-2187 created through the import of Edwards Family Tree.ged on May 29, 2011 by Kennon Edwards. See the Changes page for the details of edits by Kennon and others.
- Source: S1730862093 Repository: #R1730539867 Title: Ancestry Family Trees Publication: Online publication - Provo, UT, USA: Ancestry.com. Original data: Family Tree files submitted by Ancestry members. Note: This information comes from 1 or more individual Ancestry Family Tree files. This source citation points you to a current version of those files. Note: The owners of these tree files may have removed or changed information since this source citation was created. Page: Ancestry Family Trees Note: Data: Text: http://trees.ancestry.com/pt/AMTCitationRedir.aspx?tid=15043181&pid=1759312028
- Repository: R1730539867 Name: Ancestry.com Address: http://www.Ancestry.com Note:
Searching for someone else?
Do you have a GEDCOM? Register as a guest to have every name in your tree searched. It's free (like everything on WikiTree).
No known carriers of Seth's Y-chromosome or his mother's mitochondrial DNA have taken yDNA or mtDNA tests.
- Login to edit this profile and add images.
- Private Messages: Contact the Profile Managers privately: Larry Maggard and Mike Slaton. (Best when privacy is an issue.)
- Public Comments: Login to post comments. (Best for messages specifically directed to those editing this profile. Limit 20 per day.)
- Public Q&A: These will appear above and in the Genealogist-to-Genealogist (G2G) Forum. (Best for questions directed to the wider genealogy community.)
On October 12, 2014 at 03:08GMT Anne B wrote:
On September 6, 2014 at 15:57GMT Michelle McQueen wrote:
On August 5, 2014 at 01:50GMT Kitty Smith wrote: