- Ranulph II (Warenne) de Warenne's Profile
- Family Tree & Genealogy Tools
- Note: ref: Wikipedia (http://www. wikipedia.org) (16 May 10) -
- Rudolf II de Warenne, son of Rudolf I of Warenne, was a Norman aristocrat and progenitor of the Earl of Surrey family line.
- He is known only from his subscriptions to two charters of his father for the Holy Trinity of Rouen. As his father's lands near Rouen and in the Pays de Caux did not pass to his son William or William's descendants, it is likely that Rodulf succeeded to them on his father's death.
- The de Warenne family originated from Normandy, France. The de Warenne surname derives from the castle of that name on the Varenne River, which flows through the territory William acquired in Upper Normandy.
- He married Emma in or before 1059 - both were still living in 1074, and had several children including;
- ? Rudolf III de Warenne - who inherited most of the family lands in Normandy.
- ? William de Warenne, 1st Earl of Surrey - who fought with William the Conqueror at the Battle of Hastings and was reward with vast land holdings as the Earl of Surrey.
- ? possibly Frederick de Warenne - who was killed by Hereward the Wake. He is listed in the Domesday book holding lands in Cambridgeshire and Norfolk. (Domesday, ff.196, ii.465b, 170b, 172b). Another source lists Frederick as the brother of William's wife, Gundred.
- Geneajourney.com - accessed 7 Aug 2014 - http://www.geneajourney.com/wrrene1.html
- Royal and Noble Genealogical Data, by Brian Tompsett, Copyright 1994-2001, Version March 25, 2001
- http://www.dcs.hull.ac.uk/public/genealogy/GEDCOM.html, Department of Computer Science, University of Hull, Hull, UK, HU6 7RX, B.C.Tompsett@dcs.hull.ac.uk
- Ancestry family trees
This page has been edited according to Style Standards adopted January 2014. Descriptions of imported gedcoms for this profile are under the Changes tab.
Searching for someone else?
Do you have a GEDCOM? Login to have every name in your tree searched. It's free (like everything on WikiTree).
No known carriers of Ranulph II's Y-chromosome or his mother's mitochondrial DNA have taken yDNA or mtDNA tests.
Have you taken a DNA test for genealogy? If so, login to add it. If not, see our friends at Family Tree DNA.
- Login to edit this profile.
- Private Messages: Contact the Profile Managers privately: Fontaine Wiatt, Allan Stuart, Wendy Hampton, and Beth Price. (Best when privacy is an issue.)
- Public Comments: Login to post. (Best for messages specifically directed to those editing this profile. Limit 20 per day.)
- Public Q&A: These will appear above and in the Genealogist-to-Genealogist (G2G) Forum. (Best for questions directed to the wider genealogy community.)
There are no public comments yet.