What is a Watchlist?
Basically, it's a list of your family members and ancestors. Technically, it's a list of profiles where you're on the Trusted List.
You're alerted to changes in your Watchlist through your Family Activity Feed and weekly e-mail update.
Adding and removing profiles
On WikiTree, you don't directly edit your Watchlist. Don't bother looking for "watch this profile" links.
A profile is automatically on your Watchlist if:
- You create it.
- You request to be added to a profile's Trusted List and are approved.
- Someone else proactively adds you to the Trusted List.
Trusted List changes can be made in bulk or one at a time from the "Privacy" tab on profiles.
Icons for tools and views
Icons after names link to various tools and views:
- = Ancestor Pedigree Chart
- = Relationship Finder
- = Edit the Profile
These are just shortcuts. Other views are linked from the individual profile pages.
This tightly packed column has three valuable tidbits for advanced WikiTreers.
First, the status icon indicates whether the profile is:
- = Managed by you.
- = For an active active member like you. The number is their contribution count. Clicking it will lead to their contributions page.
- = For a pending member, i.e. someone who has been invited to join WikiTree but hasn't accepted yet. Clicking it will lead to a page to send another invitation.
If you don't see one of these three icons, it means the profile is passive but not managed by you.
Second, this column displays the person's Last Name at Birth. If you click on this it takes you to a separate index with all the people with this surname who are on your Watchlist.
Privacy Level indicators
The colored dots in the last column indicate the Privacy Level:
- = Unlisted
- = Private
- = Private with Public Biography
- = Private with Public Bio and Tree
- = Public
- = Open
You can create custom sub-sets of your Watchlist using the To-Do Lists feature.
This page was last modified 14:43, 28 July 2014. This page has been accessed 14,354 times.