in Cardiff, Wales, Uk
[father unknown] and
Died [date unknown] [location unknown]
This page has been accessed 178 times.
This person was created through the import of Watkins.ged on 04 April 2011. The following data was included in the gedcom. You may wish to edit it for readability.
- User ID: BC962D5098F1F74BBFB79E07E3DA2AEE8A00
- Note: Even Watkins immigrated to the US between 1848 and 1850.
- Nothing is known of his parents except that they were Welsh.
- Family oral history says he originated from Cardiff in Wales,
- however he may have lived in any number of small towns in the
- area of greater Cardiff. Some information may point to Crickhowel
- as the last point of residence before emigration. The 1850 census
- registers 3 children, the youngest 5 months old lists birthplace
- as Pennsylvania. Whether this child was actually born in PA or
- born enroute to the US is unknown but this would place the
- date of immigration at between 1848 when their second child
- was born in Wales and 1850. Research seems to support the
- fact that Even was a coal or iron works worker in Wales and was
- probably hired to bring his expertise to the growing iron works
- industry in western Pennsylvania. By 1860 he is listed only as
- a reference in the census, as having been placed in an insane
- asylum. Where or why he was institutionalized is still unknown
- but it is conjectured that perhaps he was injured in an industrial
- Data Changed:
- Date: 13 Nov 1999
- Time: 00:00:00
Prior to import, this record was last changed 00:00:00 13 Nov 1999.
Searching for someone else?
Do you have a GEDCOM? Register as a guest to have every name searched. It's free (like everything on WikiTree).
No known carriers of Evan's Y-chromosome or his mother's mitochondrial DNA have taken yDNA or mtDNA tests and no close relatives have taken a 23andMe, AncestryDNA, or Family Tree DNA test.
If you have taken a DNA test for genealogy please login and enter it.
For public comments, here are the options:
- Public Bulletin Board: You need to be a logged-in community member to post bulletin board comments for the family. (Best for comments about Evan Watkins directed to WikiTree users watching this profile. Limit of 10 per day.)
- Public Q&A: These will appear here and in the Genealogist-to-Genealogist Q&A Forum. (Best for questions about Evan Watkins directed to our genealogy community.)
- Private Message: You can also send a private message to the Profile Manager. (Best when privacy is an issue.)
There are no bulletin board comments yet.