- Evan Watkins (*)'s Profile
- Family Tree & Genealogy Tools
This person was created through the import of Watkins.ged on 04 April 2011. The following data was included in the gedcom. You may wish to edit it for readability.
- User ID: BC962D5098F1F74BBFB79E07E3DA2AEE8A00
- Note: Even Watkins immigrated to the US between 1848 and 1850.
- Nothing is known of his parents except that they were Welsh.
- Family oral history says he originated from Cardiff in Wales,
- however he may have lived in any number of small towns in the
- area of greater Cardiff. Some information may point to Crickhowel
- as the last point of residence before emigration. The 1850 census
- registers 3 children, the youngest 5 months old lists birthplace
- as Pennsylvania. Whether this child was actually born in PA or
- born enroute to the US is unknown but this would place the
- date of immigration at between 1848 when their second child
- was born in Wales and 1850. Research seems to support the
- fact that Even was a coal or iron works worker in Wales and was
- probably hired to bring his expertise to the growing iron works
- industry in western Pennsylvania. By 1860 he is listed only as
- a reference in the census, as having been placed in an insane
- asylum. Where or why he was institutionalized is still unknown
- but it is conjectured that perhaps he was injured in an industrial
- Data Changed:
- Date: 13 Nov 1999
- Time: 00:00:00
- Date: 13 Nov 1999
Prior to import, this record was last changed 00:00:00 13 Nov 1999.
Searching for someone else?
Do you have a GEDCOM? Login to have every name in your tree searched. It's free (like everything on WikiTree).
No known carriers of Evan's Y-chromosome or his mother's mitochondrial DNA have taken yDNA or mtDNA tests and no close relatives have taken a 23andMe, AncestryDNA, or Family Tree DNA "Family Finder" test.
Have you taken a DNA test for genealogy? If so, login to add it. If not, see our friends at Family Tree DNA.
- Login to edit this profile.
- Private Messages: Send a private message to the Profile Manager. (Best when privacy is an issue.)
- Public Comments: Login to post. (Best for messages specifically directed to those editing this profile. Limit 20 per day.)
- Public Q&A: These will appear above and in the Genealogist-to-Genealogist (G2G) Forum. (Best for questions directed to the wider genealogy community.)
There are no public comments yet.