This person was created through the import of Watkins.ged on 04 April 2011. The following data was included in the gedcom. You may wish to edit it for readability.
- User ID: BC962D5098F1F74BBFB79E07E3DA2AEE8A00
- Note: Even Watkins immigrated to the US between 1848 and 1850.
- Nothing is known of his parents except that they were Welsh.
- Family oral history says he originated from Cardiff in Wales,
- however he may have lived in any number of small towns in the
- area of greater Cardiff. Some information may point to Crickhowel
- as the last point of residence before emigration. The 1850 census
- registers 3 children, the youngest 5 months old lists birthplace
- as Pennsylvania. Whether this child was actually born in PA or
- born enroute to the US is unknown but this would place the
- date of immigration at between 1848 when their second child
- was born in Wales and 1850. Research seems to support the
- fact that Even was a coal or iron works worker in Wales and was
- probably hired to bring his expertise to the growing iron works
- industry in western Pennsylvania. By 1860 he is listed only as
- a reference in the census, as having been placed in an insane
- asylum. Where or why he was institutionalized is still unknown
- but it is conjectured that perhaps he was injured in an industrial
- Data Changed:
- Date: 13 Nov 1999
- Time: 00:00:00
- Date: 13 Nov 1999
Prior to import, this record was last changed 00:00:00 13 Nov 1999.
Searching for someone else?
Do you have a GEDCOM? Register as a guest to have every name in your tree searched. It's free (like everything on WikiTree).DNA
No known carriers of Evan's Y-chromosome or his mother's mitochondrial DNA have taken yDNA or mtDNA tests and no close relatives have taken a 23andMe, AncestryDNA, or Family Tree DNA "Family Finder" test.
- Login to edit this profile and add images.
- Private Messages: Send a private message to the Profile Manager. (Best when privacy is an issue.)
- Public Comments: Login to post comments. (Best for messages specifically directed to those editing this profile. Limit 20 per day.)
- Public Q&A: These will appear above and in the Genealogist-to-Genealogist (G2G) Forum. (Best for questions directed to the wider genealogy community.)
There are no public comments yet.