- Johannes Westfall's Profile
- Family Tree & Genealogy Tools
|Johannes Westfall belongs to a New Netherland family.|
|If you are interested in this profile,
please check out the New Netherland Settlers Project!
Do Not Merge! This profile has been protected under the New Netherland Settlers Project.
Either a final WikITree ID has been determined for this person but merges cannot yet be completed because of conflicting information that is being resolved or discussion/research is ongoing of what the final WikITree ID should be (the WikiTree ID is based on the “Last Name at Birth” (LNAB) field). G2G discussions will be under the new_netherland tag. Once a decision is reached, the profile with the final WikiTree ID will receive a green line to indicate its status (see the NNS Category). Once conflicting information has been resolved, profile protection (PPP) will be lifted from the duplicate profiles and merges can be completed. These duplicate profiles will be moved to the New Netherland Merge Pending Category and be marked with an orange line.
Please contact the person who posted this notice if you have questions. Thanks! Gerard-337 00:15, 6 February 2015 (EST)
|This profile is part of the Westfall One Name Study|
|If you are interested in this profile,
please check out the One Name Studies Project!
- Johannes Westfall born in 1660 in Foxhall Manor, Ulster City, New York. He died about 1725 in Minisink, Orange County, New York. He was the son of Juriaen and Maritje (Hansen) Westfall. He married Marritje Jacobsen Kool January 28, 1682 in Kingston, New York. She was the daughter of Jacob Barenson and Marritje (Simons) Kool.
- In 1696 Johannes and 18 others including his brothers Symen, Nicholas, and his widowed sister Rymerick Quick bought land from the Minsi Indians along the Delaware River near the New York/New Jersey line. The land lies principally in Deerpark Township, Orange County, New York. The peaceful Minsi Indians were one of the three tribes of the Lenni Lenape people. About 1699 Johannes and his family moved to what was called the Minisink settlement. They were among the first white people to live in the area. Johannes oldest son Jurian and his friend Jacob Kuykendall hunted and trapped with the Minsi Indians as youths, and later traded with them. Jurian married Jacob's sister Styntie Kuykendall and Jacob married Jurian's sister Sara westfall. They raised their families and farmed there in the Minisink Valley along the Delaware River at peace with the Indians for many years. Jurian had the first apple orchard in the area, and Jacob established the first trading post. Three of Jurian's sisters married into the Dutch Kuykendall family. Jurian's parents Johannes and Marretje (Kool) Westfall had 13 children-Jurian George Westfall, Maretje Maria Westfall, Rebecca Westfall, Janneetje Westfall, Sara Westfall, Jacob Westfall, Abel John Westfall, Nicholas Westfall, Klaartjen Westfall, Rymerick Westfall, Helena Westfall, Rachel Westfall, and John W. Westfall.
- Child: Jurian George Westfall
- Child: Marietje (Maria\Mary) Westfall
- Child: Rebecca Westfall
- Child: Jannetje (Janet) Westfall
- Child: Sarah Westfall
- Child: Jacob Westfall
- Child: Abel John Westfall
- Child: Nicholas Westfall
- Child: Klaartjen Westfall
- Child: Rymerick Westfall
- Child: Helena Lena Westfall
- Child: Rachel Westfall
- Child: John H. Westfall
Searching for someone else?
Do you have a GEDCOM? Login to have every name in your tree searched. It's free (like everything on WikiTree).DNA
No known carriers of Johannes's Y-chromosome or his mother's mitochondrial DNA have taken yDNA or mtDNA tests.
Have you taken a DNA test for genealogy? Login to add it.
- Login to edit this profile.
- Private Messages: Contact the Profile Managers privately: Michelle Hartley and Doug Hanke. (Best when privacy is an issue.)
- Public Comments: Login to post. (Best for messages specifically directed to those editing this profile. Limit 20 per day.)
- Public Q&A: These will appear above and in the Genealogist-to-Genealogist (G2G) Forum. (Best for questions directed to the wider genealogy community.)
On July 26, 2013 at 15:28GMT Michelle Hartley wrote:
On July 7, 2013 at 17:56GMT Michelle Hartley wrote:
Westfall-35 Westvaal-4 Westfall-93
Johannes is attached twice