- William White's Profile
- Family Tree & Genealogy Tools
There are three William Whites who were born at the appropriate location and time to be Margaret White's father. The sources for each are listed below. At the youngest, William would have been born in 1724; the middle entry would put his birth year at 1717; and the oldest would give him a birth date of 1712. So he was somewhere between 20 and 32 when Margaret was born.
Interestingly, the 1712 William's mother was Marion Howison. These two were the parent of Janet White, whose descendants connect back into the family a few generations later.
In each case, William's father was named William, so we can be sure of the father's name, if not his exact identity.
- "Scotland, Births and Baptisms, 1564-1950," index, FamilySearch (https://familysearch.org/pal:/MM9.1.1/XTL8-PXP : accessed 29 Dec 2013), William White, 30 Mar 1712; citing [REFERENCE-ERROR], reference - 2:15JZLXW; FHL microfilm 1042970.
- "Scotland, Births and Baptisms, 1564-1950," index, FamilySearch (https://familysearch.org/pal:/MM9.1.1/XTLD-TS9 : accessed 29 Dec 2013), William White, 27 Aug 1717; citing [REFERENCE-ERROR], reference - 2:15JZW8B; FHL microfilm 1042970.
- "Scotland, Births and Baptisms, 1564-1950," index, FamilySearch (https://familysearch.org/pal:/MM9.1.1/XTL6-631 : accessed 29 Dec 2013), William White, 09 Aug 1724; citing , CARSTAIRS, LANARK, SCOTLAND, reference 2:15K6C79; FHL microfilm 1042971.
Searching for someone else?
Do you have a GEDCOM? Login to have every name in your tree searched. It's free (like everything on WikiTree).DNA
No known carriers of William's Y-chromosome or his mother's mitochondrial DNA have taken yDNA or mtDNA tests.
Have you taken a DNA test for genealogy? Login to add it.
- Login to edit this profile.
- Private Messages: Send a private message to the Profile Manager. (Best when privacy is an issue.)
- Public Comments: Login to post. (Best for messages specifically directed to those editing this profile. Limit 20 per day.)
- Public Q&A: These will appear above and in the Genealogist-to-Genealogist (G2G) Forum. (Best for questions directed to the wider genealogy community.)
There are no public comments yet.