- Lydia Whitman's Profile
- Family Tree & Genealogy Tools
- Date: 1678
- Place: Weymouth, Norfolk, Ma
- Date: APR 1757
- Date: 1750
- Date: 1757
- Place: Weymouth, Norfolk, Ma
- Husband: John Thomas
- Wife: Lydia Whitman
- Child: John Thomas
- Source: S005168 Title: Genealogies of the Early Families of Weymouth, Norfolk, Massachusetts Author: George Walter Chamberlain, M.S. Publication: Genealogical Publishing Co., Inc. Baltimore: Reprint, 1984 Note: #NS051681 Repository: Note: #NS051683 Call Number: 84-80081 Media: Book
- Source: S005185 Title: Genealogies of the Families Of Braintree, Norfolk, Mass., 1640-1850 Author: Waldo Chamberlain Sprague, AB Publication: Including the modern town of Randolph & Holbrook and the city of Quincy, after the separation from Braintree in 1792-3. Repository: Note: #NS051853 Call Number: CD-ROM (SCD-BF) Media: Card
- Source: S2322510919 Repository: #R2198041564 Title: U.S. and International Marriage Records, 1560-1900 Author: Yates Publishing Publication: Online publication - Provo, UT, USA: Ancestry.com Operations Inc, 2004.Original data - This unique collection of records was extracted from a variety of sources including family group sheets and electronic databases. Originally, the information was derived Note:
- Source: S2323783357 Repository: #R2198041564 Title: Family Data Collection - Marriages Author: Edmund West, comp. Publication: Online publication - Provo, UT, USA: The Generations Network, Inc., 2001. Note:
No NOTE record found with id NS051853.
- Note NI00252S.P.52-313: Will of Lydia Thomas, widow of John of Braintrey, Mar.9,1753, proved May 13,1757:
- To son John all lands with the house bounded E. on Wm. Salisbury & Lydia his wife, S. on Samuel Wild (Wile), W. on my dower or thirds.
- To dau. Lydia all land lying east of son & dau. Salisbury, bounded E. on road on way leading toward Samuel "Wiles", S. land of Samuel "Wiles", W. on Salisbury's land, etc.
- Mentions her negro Rosy and her child to have their freedom.
- Grandson Wm. Salisbury, 1 cow and all estate real personal not previously mentioned.
- Abiah Whitman in consideration of the faithful services performed for Capt. john'Thomas, my son-in-law, gives Jaynes Hogg land in the North Purchase of Taunton, 8 Aug. 1704. On 13 Sept.17-50, Rev. Samuel Whitman of Farmington, Conn., made hin will in which he stated that Lydia Whitman lived with his father as a maid many years, and was married to Capt. Thomas, who died and left her 3 widow with several children. He gave her or her children that are living 116.
Searching for someone else?
Do you have a GEDCOM? Login to have every name in your tree searched. It's free (like everything on WikiTree).
No known carriers of Lydia's mitochondrial DNA have taken an mtDNA test.
Have you taken a DNA test for genealogy? If so, login to add it. If not, see our friends at Family Tree DNA.
- Login to edit this profile.
- Private Messages: Send a private message to the Profile Manager. (Best when privacy is an issue.)
- Public Comments: Login to post. (Best for messages specifically directed to those editing this profile. Limit 20 per day.)
- Public Q&A: These will appear above and in the Genealogist-to-Genealogist (G2G) Forum. (Best for anything directed to the wider genealogy community.)
There are no public comments yet.
Lydia is 14 degrees from Kevin Bacon, 20 degrees from Frank Russell Capra, 20 degrees from Mark Hamill, 20 degrees from AJ Jacobs and 18 degrees from Queen Elizabeth II of the Commonwealth Realms on our single family tree. Login to find your connection.