- Samuel Willard's Profile
- Family Tree & Genealogy Tools
"Samuel Willard ye Son of Henry & Dorcas Willard was born May the 31: 1690."
"Samuel Willard & Elisabeth Phelps was married August ye: 19: 1717", in Lancaster.
"He served in the Lancaster House of Representatives in May & Nov 1727, 1740, 1742, 1743,1749. He was a selectman 1736, 42, 43, 49; a moderator 1740, 43, 46, 48, 49. He was Justice of the Peace1732 & 1744, and a Judge of the Worcester County Court of Common Pleas in 1743-52. He was a militia captain in 1727 and a colonel in 1735. He was a farmer, speculator and owned extensive lands. 
"Collo. Samll. Willard Departed this Life Nov. ye 20th. 1752," in Lancaster. His tombstone reads, "Here Lies Buried The Body of the Honourable Coll. SAMUEL WILLARD, Esq. Who Departed This Life Novembr. 20th Anno Domini 1752 In the 63d year of His Age. "
Children recorded in Lancaster Vital Records: Lancaster, Worcester, Massachusetts,
- "Samuel Willard the Son of Samll. & Elisabeth Willard was born November ye: 12: 1718,"
- "Abijah Willard ye Son of Samll. & Elisabeth Willard was born July ye. 8: 1720"
- "Naham Willard ye Son of Samll. & Elisabeth Willard was born May ye: 28: 1722"
- "Abijah Willard ye Son of Samll. & Elisabeth Willard was born July ye: 27: 1724."
- "Levi Willard ye Son of Samll. & Elisabeth Willard was born April ye: 19: 1727"
- "Joshua Willard ye Son of Samll. & Elisabeth Willard was born January ye: 24: 1729"
- "Abel Willard ye Son of Samll. & Elisabeth Willard was born January ye: 12: 1731-2."
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 1.2 1.3 1.4 Massachusetts Vital Records to 1850 (Online Database: AmericanAncestors.org, New England Historic Genealogical Society, 2001-2010). Volume: Lancaster, Page(s): 49, 159, 404
- ↑ Legislators of Massachusetts General Court, 1691-1780 (Online database: AmericanAncestors.org, New England Historic Genealogical Society, 2002), (Orig. Pub. by Northeastern University Press , Boston, MA. John A. Schutz, Legislators of the Massachusetts General Court 1691–1780 A Biographical Dictionary, 1997.)
Searching for someone else?
Do you have a GEDCOM? Login to have every name in your tree searched. It's free (like everything on WikiTree).
It may be possible to confirm family relationships with Samuel by comparing test results with other carriers of his ancestors' Y-chromosome or mitochondrial DNA. However, there are no known yDNA or mtDNA test-takers in his direct paternal or maternal line. It is likely that these autosomal DNA test-takers will share significant DNA with Samuel:
Have you taken a DNA test for genealogy? Login to add it.
- Login to edit this profile.
- Private Messages: Send a private message to the Profile Manager. (Best when privacy is an issue.)
- Public Comments: Login to post. (Best for messages specifically directed to those editing this profile. Limit 20 per day.)
- Public Q&A: These will appear above and in the Genealogist-to-Genealogist (G2G) Forum. (Best for questions directed to the wider genealogy community.)
There are no public comments yet.