- Henry Willard's Profile
- Family Tree & Genealogy Tools
He married twice. When Henry contracted to marry Mary Lakin, his father gave him one quarter of the farm at "Nonacoaicas." "Whereas, upon a contract between my son Henry Willard and Mary Lakin, daughter of sergeant Jno. Lakin, both of Groton, I thought it meet to settle something upon him for his outward subsistence...." dated 16 July 1674 They were married 18 July 1674.
Henry and Mary lived at the Nonacoicus Farm, his father gave him, upon his marriage. He was still living in Groton in 1684-5, but probably removed to Still River Farm on the Still River in Lancaster (later town of Harvard) two years later. In a rate list of 1688 was the name of Henry Willard and his younger brothers, Benjamin and Jonathan, and others.
Henry married Dorcas Cutler at Lancaster in 1689. Anderson does not give a maiden name for Dorcas, stating that only secondary sources identify Dorcas as a Cutler and that there is no evidence for this identification.
Henry died in 1701. His Will is dated August 24, 1700, and it was attested to in court on August 8, 1701. "The last will and testament of Henry Willard, Sen of ye Towne of Lancaster in ye county of Middlesex in ye Province of Massachusetts Bay in New England....."in it he mentions oldest son Henry, 2nd son Simon, eldest daughter Mary, John his 3rd son, Hezekiah and Joseph (not yet 18), daughter Sarah (unmarried), his beloved wife Dorcas and the rest of his children Samuell, James, Josiah, Abigail, Jonathan, & Susanna.
27 Aug 1726 Lancaster, Worcester, Massachusetts, USA, is frequently seen in trees as a death date, including some SAR Applications But it was clearly his will proved in court in 1701. John Willard husband of Mary died 27 Aug 1726, not Henry.
Children of Henry
- Henry, s. Henry and Mary, born at Groton, April 11, 1675.
- Simon, s. Henry and Mary, born at Groton, Oct 8, 1678
- Mary, d. Henry and Mary, born at Groton, Aug 3, 1680
- John, s. Henry and Mary, born at Groton, Sept 3, 1682 Also recorded in Lancaster
- Hezekiah born at Lancaster, s. Henry and Mary, ––– ––, ––––. [App.]
- Joseph born at Lancaster, s. Henry and Mary, ––– ––, ––––. [App.] about 1686
- Sarah born at Lancaster, d. Henry and Mary, ––– ––, ––––. [App.] 
- Samuel born May 31, 1690, at Lancaster, s. Henry and Dorcas
- James s. Henry and Dorcas (Cutler), bet. 1690 and 1703. [App.]
- Josiah, s. Henry and Dorcas (Cutler), bet. 1690 and 1703. [App.]
- Abigail, born at Lancaster, d. Henry and Dorcas (Cutler), bet. 1690 and 1703. [App.]
- Jonathan s. Henry and Dorcas (Cutler), bet. 1690 and 1703. [App.] born about 1695
- Susanna d. Henry and Dorcas (Cutler), bet. 1690 and 1703. [App.]
- Tabitha d. Henry and Dorcas (Cutler), bet. 1690 and 1703. [App.]. There is no Tabitha listed in the will of Henry.
- ↑ Concord, Massachusetts births, marriages, and deaths, 1635-1850. Boston: T.Todd, printer, 1895. (p. 8) Also indexed at AmericanAncestors.
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 Great Migration 1634-1635, T-Y. (Online database. AmericanAncestors.org. New England Historic Genealogical Society, 2012.) Originally published as: The Great Migration, Immigrants to New England, 1634-1635, Volume VII, T-Y, by Robert Charles Anderson. Boston: New England Historic Genealogical Society, 2011. (p 422) (Subscription required.)
- ↑ 3.0 3.1 3.2 Willard Genealogy, Sequel to Willard Memoir, Willard, Joseph and Walker, Charles, the Willard Family, Boston, 1915, pp 18, 19, 20
- ↑ 4.0 4.1 Ancestry.com Title: U.S., Sons of the American Revolution Membership Applications, 1889-1970 Publication: Name: Ancestry.com Operations, Inc.
- ↑ "Material for the History of Groton, A Copy of an Ancient Deed." The New England Historical and Genealogical Register. (NEHGR 7:114) Boston, MA: New England Historic Genealogical Society, April 1853. (Online database: AmericanAncestors.org, New England Historic Genealogical Society, 2001-2013.)
- ↑ 6.0 6.1 Nourse, Henry S. History of the town of Harvard, Massachusetts, 1732-1893. Salem: Higginson Book Co., 1894. Available at Open Library
- ↑ 7.00 7.01 7.02 7.03 7.04 7.05 7.06 7.07 7.08 7.09 7.10 7.11 Massachusetts Vital Records to 1850: Lancaster. at American Ancestors (NEHGS). Marriage in the appendix, items were taken from records other than the official town records
- ↑ Middlesex County, MA: Probate File Papers, 1648-1871. Photos of original documents. AmericanAncestors.org. New England Historic Genealogical Society, 2014. (From records supplied by the Massachusetts Supreme Judicial Court Archives.)
- ↑ Source: #S157
- ↑ 10.0 10.1 10.2 10.3 Vital Records of Groton, Massachusetts to the End of the Year 1849 Volume I - Births; Volume II - Marriages and Deaths. Salem, Mass.: The Essex Institute, 1926
- Still River Baptist Society Harvard
Searching for someone else?
Do you have a GEDCOM? Login to have every name in your tree searched. It's free (like everything on WikiTree).
No known carriers of Henry's Y-chromosome or his mother's mitochondrial DNA have taken yDNA or mtDNA tests.
Have you taken a DNA test for genealogy? If so, login to add it. If not, see our friends at Family Tree DNA.
- Login to edit this profile.
- Private Messages: Contact the Profile Managers privately: Philip Howe, Ron Hallberg, Dawn Nott, and Donna Gehring. (Best when privacy is an issue.)
- Public Comments: Login to post. (Best for messages specifically directed to those editing this profile. Limit 20 per day.)
- Public Q&A: These will appear above and in the Genealogist-to-Genealogist (G2G) Forum. (Best for questions directed to the wider genealogy community.)
On November 26, 2014 at 21:10GMT Anne B wrote:
Henry is 14 degrees from Kevin Bacon, 19 degrees from AJ Jacobs, 44 degrees from Lisa Kudrow, 22 degrees from Kurt Vonnegut and 16 degrees from Queen Elizabeth II of the Commonwealth Realms on our single family tree. Login to find your connection.