This biography is a rough draft.
Henry Willard was born in Concord Ma., but was of Groton, Lancaster, and Harvard.
He married twice. When Henry contracted to marry Mary Lakin, his father gave him one quarter of the farm at "Nonacoaicas." "Whereas, upon a contract between my son Henry Willard and Mary Lakin, daughter of sergeant Jno. Lakin, both of Groton, I thought it meet to settle something upon him for his outward subsistence...."
Henry married Dorcas Cutler at Lancaster in 1689. Anderson does not give a maiden name for Dorcas, stating that only secondary sources identify Dorcas as a Cutler and that there is no evidence for this identification.
- Date: 18 JUL 1674
- Place: Groton,Middlesex,Massachusetts 
Children of Henry
- Henry, s. Henry and Mary, born at Groton, April 11, 1675.
- Simon, s. Henry and Mary, born at Groton, Oct 8, 1678
- Mary, s. Henry and Mary, born at Groton, Aug 3, 1680
- John, s. Henry and Mary, born at Groton, Sept 3, 1682 Also recorded in Lancaster
- Hezekiah born at Lancaster, s. Henry and Mary, ––– ––, ––––. [App.]
- Joseph born at Lancaster, s. Henry and Mary, ––– ––, ––––. [App.] about 1686
- Sarah born at Lancaster, d. Henry and Mary, ––– ––, ––––. [App.] 
- Samuel born May 31, 1690, at Lancaster, s. Henry and Dorcas
- James s. Henry and Dorcas (Cutler), bet. 1690 and 1703. [App.]
- Josiah, s. Henry and Dorcas (Cutler), bet. 1690 and 1703. [App.]
- Abigail, born at Lancaster, d. Henry and Dorcas (Cutler), bet. 1690 and 1703. [App.]
- Jonathan s. Henry and Dorcas (Cutler), bet. 1690 and 1703. [App.] born about 1695
- Susanna d. Henry and Dorcas (Cutler), bet. 1690 and 1703. [App.]
- Tabitha d. Henry and Dorcas (Cutler), bet. 1690 and 1703. [App.]. There is no Tabitha listed in the will of Henry.
Henry died in 1701. His Will is dated August 24, 1700, and it was attested to in court on August 8, 1701. "The last will and testament of Henry Willard, Sen of ye Towne of Lancaster in ye county of Middlesex in ye Province of Massachusetts Bay in New England....."in it he mentions oldest son Henry, 2nd son Simon, eldest daughter Mary, John his 3rd son, Hezekiah and Joseph (not yet 18), daughter Sarah (unmarried), his beloved wife Dorcas and the rest of his children Samuell, James, Josiah, Abigail, Jonathan, & Susanna.
27 Aug 1726 Lancaster, Worcester, Massachusetts, USA, is frequently seen in trees as a death date, including some SAR Applications But it was clearly his will proved in court in 1701. John Willard husband of Mary died 27 Aug 1726, not Henry.
- ↑ #S-92 Page 8
- ↑ #S-97 Page 422
- ↑ Willard Genealogy, Sequel to Willard Memoir, Willard, Joseph and Walker, Charles, the Willard Family, Boston, 1915, p 18, 19
- ↑ Source: #S-1968350792 http://trees.ancestry.com/rd?f=sse&db=mabirth&h=259085&ti=0&indiv=try&gss=pt
- ↑ 5.0 5.1 Ancestry.com Title: U.S., Sons of the American Revolution Membership Applications, 1889-1970 Publication: Name: Ancestry.com Operations, Inc.
- ↑ Source: #S127
- ↑ #S-792 Material for the History of Groton, A Copy of an Ancient Deed (April 1853) 7:114
- ↑ 8.00 8.01 8.02 8.03 8.04 8.05 8.06 8.07 8.08 8.09 8.10 8.11 Massachusetts Vital Records to 1850: Lancaster. at American Ancestors (NEHGS). Marriage in the appendix, items were taken from records other than the official town records
- ↑ #S-97 Page 422
- ↑ 10.0 10.1 10.2 10.3 Vital Records of Groton, Massachusetts to the End of the Year 1849 Volume I - Births; Volume II - Marriages and Deaths. Salem, Mass.: The Essex Institute, 1926
- ↑ #S-29 Page 20
- ↑ Middlesex County, MA: Probate File Papers, 1648-1871. Photos of original documents. AmericanAncestors.org. New England Historic Genealogical Society, 2014. (From records supplied by the Massachusetts Supreme Judicial Court Archives.)
- ↑ Source: #S157
- ↑ Source: #S55
- ↑ Source: #S88
- Source S-1968350792 Title: Massachusetts Town Birth Records Repository: #R-199 Author: New England Historic Genealogical Society Publication: Online publication - Provo, UT, USA: Ancestry.com Operations Inc, 1999.
- Source S-792 The New England Historical and Genealogical Register. (NEHGR) Boston, MA: New England Historic Genealogical Society, 1847-. (Online database: AmericanAncestors.org, New England Historic Genealogical Society, 2001-2013.)
- Source S-79 Great Migration 1634-1635, T-Y. (Online database. AmericanAncestors.org. New England Historic Genealogical Society, 2012.) Originally published as: The Great Migration, Immigrants to New England, 1634-1635, Volume VII, T-Y, by Robert Charles Anderson. Boston: New England Historic Genealogical Society, 2011. (Subscription required.)
- Source S-29 Willard, Joseph. Willard genealogy, sequel to Willard memoir. Boston, MA: Printed for the Willard Family Association, 1915. Open Library
- Source S-92 Concord (Mass.). Concord, Massachusetts births, marriages, and deaths, 1635-1850. Boston, MA: T.Todd, printer, 1895. Open Library
- Source S-1988899136 Title: Family Data Collection - Deaths Repository: #R-199 Author: Edmund West, comp. Publication: Online publication - Provo, UT, USA: The Generations Network, Inc., 2001.
- Source: S1 Title: Ancestry Family Trees Publication: Name: Online publication - Provo, UT, USA: Ancestry.com. Original data: Family Tree files submitted by Ancestry members.; Repository: #R1
- Repository: R1 Name: Ancestry.com Address: E-Mail Address: Phone Number:
- Source: S127 Author: New England Historic Genealogical Society Title: Massachusetts, Town Birth Records, 1620-1850 Publication: Name: Ancestry.com Operations Inc; Repository: #R1
- Source: S157 Author: New England Historic Genealogical Society Title: Massachusetts, Town Death Records, 1620-1850 Publication: Name: Ancestry.com Operations Inc. NOTE-There is no such record of death for Henry in the Massachusetts Town Death Records at NEHGS.
- Source: S55 Author: Yates Publishing Title: U.S. and International Marriage Records, 1560-1900 Publication: Name: Ancestry.com Operations Inc; Repository: #R1
- Source: S88 Author: Ancestry.com Title: American Marriages Before 1699 Publication: Name: Ancestry.com Operations Inc; Repository: #R1
Searching for someone else?
Do you have a GEDCOM? Login to have every name in your tree searched. It's free (like everything on WikiTree).DNA
No known carriers of Henry's Y-chromosome or his mother's mitochondrial DNA have taken yDNA or mtDNA tests.
Have you taken a DNA test for genealogy? Login to add it.
- Login to edit this profile.
- Private Messages: Contact the Profile Managers privately: Vic Watt, Ron Hallberg, Dawn Nott, Buckley Howe, and Donna Gehring. (Best when privacy is an issue.)
- Public Comments: Login to post. (Best for messages specifically directed to those editing this profile. Limit 20 per day.)
- Public Q&A: These will appear above and in the Genealogist-to-Genealogist (G2G) Forum. (Best for questions directed to the wider genealogy community.)
On November 26, 2014 at 21:10GMT Anne B wrote: