- Mary (Williams) Graves's Profile
- Family Tree & Genealogy Tools
The Mary Williams (01 Sep 1706 - after April 1771), of Mecklenburg Co., VA or Granville Co., NC, who was the daughter of John Williams and Mary Keeling is "said to be" the second wife of Henry Graves (b. bef. 1694 - d. bef. Feb 1749) of colonial Hanover Co., VA.
Mary's birth date of 1706 comes from a letter from Jno. D. Williams of Laurens District, SC to Dr. Alexander Williams of Greeneville Courthouse, Tennessee, dated 17 June 1845.
The best documented research I have seen on Mary Williams and Henry Graves comes from Evelyn Wallace's WILLIAMS, GRAVES and DANIEL Families, and according to her, Mary Williams and Henry Graves had four sons and three daughters:
- Henry who married Rachel ____ and whose will was proved Aug 1797 in Granville Co.
- William who married Mary ____ and whose will was proved May 1786 in Granville Co.
- John who may be the John Williams Graves who left a 1789 will in Granville Co.
- Elijah who may be the Elijah who left a 1799 will in Mecklenburg Co.
- dau. ____ who married John Christmas
- Elizabeth, b. 1741, who married Joshua Coffee and had a son b. 1772, Gen. John Coffee "of Tennessee" who married Mary Donelson, whose sister Rachel was wife of Andrew Jackson
- dau. ____ who married ____ Barnett (or Barrett)
- ↑ WILLIAMS, GRAVES and DANIEL Families, By Evelyn Wallace
- ↑ Vol. 13 of McClung Papers Collection by Calvin Morgan McClung held by McClung Historical Collection, Knoxville Public Library, Knoxville, TN.
- Mary Williams, by Kay Haden
- Henry White Graves Notes, by John E. Abernathy, Jr.
- Adventurers of Purse and Person, Virginia, 1607-1624/5: Families G-P, by John Frederick Dorman, Genealogical Publishing Com, 2004, pp. 154-155
- Shawnee Heritage VII, by Don Greene, Lulu.com, Dec 14, 2014, nr. 216.
- This person was created through the import of Smith-Hunter.ged on 10 March 2011. The following data was included in the gedcom. You may wish to edit it for readability.
- Source: #S-923559106, Ancestry Family Trees, http://trees.ancestry.com/pt/AMTCitationRedir.aspx?tid=7179083&pid=-226706307
- This person was created through the import of LaBach Family TreeApril28_2011.ged on 05 May 2011. The following data was included in the gedcom. You may wish to edit it for readability.
- WikiTree profile Williams-8136 created through the import of Haden for WikiTree.ged on Oct 10, 2011 by Kay Haden. See the Changes page for the details of edits by Kay and others.
- Source: S1007 Abbreviation: John Williams of Hanover Title: Early Descendants of John Williams, Hanover Co., Virginia, Scott K. Williams online , accessed 20 Jan 2008
- Source: S604 Abbreviation: Colonial Granville & Its People Title: Worth Stickley Ray, Colonial Granville and Its People, Loose Leaves from "The Lost Tribes of North Carolina" (Austin, TX: Self-published, 1945] Repository: #R10 Call Number: F262/G85/R3
- Repository: R10 Name: NEHGS Lending Library Address: New England Historic Genealogical Society Address 1: New England Historic Genealogical Society Note: 2008. No longer lends books, available only at the Library.
- WikiTree profile Williams-7216 created through the import of O'Bryan Family tree.ged on Sep 6, 2011 by Tim Tropeck. See the Changes page for the details of edits by Tim and others.
- Source S74, Record ID Number: MH:S74, User ID: B9241DEF-427A-46B1-A145-49CBFA566692, Author: Eldon G. Keefer, Title: Keefer Web Site, Text: MyHeritage.com family tree, Family tree: 0174002-3, Media: 326563-3
- This biography was auto-generated by a GEDCOM import. It's a rough draft and needs to be edited.
- Source: S46 Author: Ancestry.com Title: Public Member Trees Publication: Name: Ancestry.com Operations, Inc.; Location: Provo, UT, USA; Date: 2006; Repository: #R12
- Repository: R12 Name: www.ancestry.com Address: E-Mail Address: Phone Number:
Searching for someone else?
Do you have a GEDCOM? Login to have every name in your tree searched. It's free (like everything on WikiTree).
It may be possible to confirm family relationships with Mary by comparing test results with other carriers of her mitochondrial DNA. However, there are no known mtDNA test-takers in her direct maternal line. It is likely that these autosomal DNA test-takers will share DNA with Mary:
- Madelon (Murfee) David - AncestryDNA
Ancestry.com member madelond1
- Judy (Goodman) Wardlow - AncestryDNA
Ancestry.com member judywardlow
- Charlotte (Sondergeld) Stuckenborg - AncestryDNA
GEDMatch ID A927104
Ancestry.com member mstuckenborg
- Thomas Mclehaney - AncestryDNA
Ancestry.com member tmclehaney
- Howard Holderness - Family Tree DNA Family Finder
Family Tree DNA kit 297561
- Thomas Mclehaney - Family Tree DNA Family Finder
GEDMatch ID A417948
Family Tree DNA kit 346109
- HD Moore - Family Tree DNA Family Finder
GEDMatch ID F313307
Family Tree DNA kit 94503
Have you taken a DNA test for genealogy? If so, login to add it. If not, see our friends at Family Tree DNA.
- Login to edit this profile.
- Private Messages: Contact the Profile Managers privately: Eddie Pike, Thomas Mclehaney, Leila Wise, Patton McHenry, and Donnita Clem. (Best when privacy is an issue.)
- Public Comments: Login to post. (Best for messages specifically directed to those editing this profile. Limit 20 per day.)
- Public Q&A: These will appear above and in the Genealogist-to-Genealogist (G2G) Forum. (Best for anything directed to the wider genealogy community.)
On June 21, 2015 at 22:49GMT Fred Prisley wrote:
On June 21, 2015 at 22:15GMT Fred Prisley wrote:
On March 3, 2015 at 16:31GMT Bob Nichol wrote:
On April 28, 2014 at 23:40GMT Robert Keniston wrote:
On April 23, 2014 at 20:11GMT Sherri Posey wrote:
Mary is 19 degrees from Kevin Bacon, 15 degrees from AJ Jacobs, 30 degrees from Gene Kelly, 19 degrees from Maureen O'Hara and 18 degrees from Queen Elizabeth II of the Commonwealth Realms on our single family tree. Login to find your connection.