- Margaret (Winchester) Howie's Profile
- Family Tree & Genealogy Tools
This person was created through the import of Shortened files.ged on 30 December 2010.
- The guess I made years ago that her maiden name was Winchester was confirmed in 2010, when I located her son John A Howie's death certificate at Ancestry.com.
- In 1850 she was next door to poss brother Thomas Winchester and wife Nancy and a couple of houses away from Joseph Winchester; in 1860 she was next door to Joseph Winchester and wife Sarah.
- Joseph Winchester
- Birth: 1795
- Death: 1848-1887
- Weight about 180 lbs, with red hair, clean shaved face, and was a very hard worker
- Mother also given as Rosanna Ashley
- Father: Daniel Winchester b: 25 Dec 1752 [no son named Thomas in gedcom]
- Mother: Rosanna Matthews b: 1767
- Marriage 1 Sarah (Sally) Adams b: ca 1800
- ? Married: ca 1820 1
- 1. Thomas D Winchester b: 1817-1841
- 2. Mary Winchester b: 1820
- 3. William G Winchester b: 18 Nov1821
- 4. Jane Winchester b: 15 Sep1847 in Union County North Carolina
- 5. Daniel J. Winchester b: 1828 in Union County North Carolina
- 6. Martha Winchester b: 1827
- 7. Amanda Winchester b: 1843-1870
Searching for someone else?
Do you have a GEDCOM? Login to have every name in your tree searched. It's free (like everything on WikiTree).
No known carriers of Margaret's mitochondrial DNA have taken an mtDNA test and no close relatives have taken a 23andMe, AncestryDNA, or Family Tree DNA "Family Finder" test.
Have you taken a DNA test for genealogy? If so, login to add it. If not, see our friends at Family Tree DNA.
- Login to edit this profile.
- Private Messages: Send a private message to the Profile Manager. (Best when privacy is an issue.)
- Public Comments: Login to post. (Best for messages specifically directed to those editing this profile. Limit 20 per day.)
- Public Q&A: These will appear above and in the Genealogist-to-Genealogist (G2G) Forum. (Best for questions directed to the wider genealogy community.)
There are no public comments yet.