- Thomas Womack Sr.'s Profile
- Family Tree & Genealogy Tools
|This person settled in the US Southern Colonies Prior to incorporation into the USA.|
|If you are interested in this profile,
please check out the US Southern Colonies Project!
Virginia became the first New World English Colony with the establishment of Jamestown, Virginia Colony, English Colonies, in 1607. Virginia achieved statehood as the Commonwealth of Virginia, USA, in 1792.
- This is a profile in work as the following (***) is in error. It is very easy to mix the Womack's up. Start with William Charles Augustus Womack and his wife Mary Judd and work toward the present.
- Thomas got in trouble with Thomas Jefferson (grandfather of Thomas Jefferson, 3rd President of the US) when he and two of his brothers refused to perform their civic duty in clearing the common roadways.
- Richard Womeck, & John Womeck presented among others by Thomas Jefferson, surveyor of the Highways for refusing to assist him in clearing same (after notice given) & they are ordered to be summoned to next Court to answer said comtempt. Thos. Womeck also among the number presented. 1 February 1683.
- On 1 August 1692 Thomas made a deposition in the case of Henry Walthall against his brother, John Womack. He stated he was about age 28 (b c 1664) and, supporting his brother, that he "knoweth nothing Relating to the Matter depending between Hen: Walthall & Jno. Granger & Jno. Womeck about his marking any Shoats more then the Report of other people."
- Children of Mary FARLEY and Thomas WOMACK are:
- i. Judith WOMACK was born ABT. 1695.
- ii. Isham WOMACK was born ABT. 1696.
- iii. Sarah WOMACK was born ABT. 1697.
- iv. Thomas WOMACK , Jr. was born ABT. 1700. He married Sarah WOODSON.
- v. Mary C. WOMACK was born ABT. 1702.
- vi. William WOMACK was born ABT. 1715.
- vii. Elizabeth WOMACK was born ABT. 1717.
- viii. Martha WOMACK was born ABT. 1718.
- ix. Francis WOMACK was born ABT. 1720. He married Susannah PUCKETT.
- x. Abraham WOMACK was born ABT. 1726.
Death & Legacy
- Thomas appears never to have married, or, if married did not have children. His will dated 21 January 1697 and proved in Henrico County court 2 August 1697 left his estate to his brother Abraham and to members of the Puckett family. Two of Thomas' sisters, Anne and Mary, married Puckett men. His will names:
- Godson Thomas Puckett
- Couzen Elisabeth Puckett
- God Daughter Catherine Baugh
- Brother Thomas Puckett [brother-in-law, husband of Mary Womack]
- Brother Abraham Womack
- John Granger
- Mary Puckett, daughter of Will Puckett [brother-in-law, husband of Ann Womack]
- Frances Puckett, daughter of Thomas Puckett
- Supplemental profile data collected by Varnell-40 09:45, 29 September 2015 (EDT) from the Rootsweb website of Greg_Purpura. It may not be 100% accurate, but it is as close to accurate as we can attain given the information and sources available to us.
- This particular profile is an on-going project to document the genealogy of one Womack line. If you have a problem with a particular entry, please contact the submitter of said entry. This profile is a collaborative work-in-progress, always in need of direct and primary sources. Please contribute sources with your information.
- Primary profile data such as birth, death, and other details were collected by Varnell-40 05:47, 12 January 2016 (EST) from the well-documented work of Roger Gail Womack, “My Womack Ancestors". It may not be 100% accurate, but it is as close to accurate as we can attain given the information and sources available to us.
- ↑ Valentine, Edward Pleasants; The Edward Pleasants Valentine Papers, Vol. 3. Published by the Valentine Museum, Richmond, Virginia. Reprint Baltimore, Genealogical Publishing Co., 1979, p 1774
- ↑ Valentine, Vol. 3, p 1786 ff
- ↑ Henrico County Deeds & Wills, 1688-1697, pp 716-717; as cited on graham Family Tree
- ↑ http://wc.rootsweb.ancestry.com/cgi-bin/igm.cgi?op=AHN&db=:a34551&id=I4275
- ↑ http://www.womacknet.net/familylines/womack.htm
- WikiTree profile Womack-199 created through the import of HUNTER FAMILY TREE (3).ged on Aug 27, 2011 by Restricted Hunter.
Searching for someone else?
Do you have a GEDCOM? Login to have every name in your tree searched. It's free (like everything on WikiTree).
It may be possible to confirm family relationships with Thomas by comparing test results with other carriers of his ancestors' Y-chromosome or mitochondrial DNA. Y-chromosome DNA test-takers in his direct paternal line on WikiTree:
- Ralph Crumpton : Family Tree DNA Y-DNA Test 37 markers, haplogroup R-L48, Ysearch T3Z8N, FTDNA kit #275505
Have you taken a DNA test for genealogy? If so, login to add it. If not, see our friends at Family Tree DNA.
- Login to edit this profile.
- Private Messages: Contact the Profile Managers privately: Shirley Dalton, Mary Nance, and Ginny Howard. (Best when privacy is an issue.)
- Public Comments: Login to post. (Best for messages specifically directed to those editing this profile. Limit 20 per day.)
- Public Q&A: These will appear above and in the Genealogist-to-Genealogist (G2G) Forum. (Best for anything directed to the wider genealogy community.)
On March 8, 2015 at 08:24GMT Shirley Dalton wrote:
On March 8, 2015 at 08:23GMT Shirley Dalton wrote:
Thomas is 18 degrees from Kevin Bacon, 17 degrees from AJ Jacobs, 31 degrees from Gene Kelly, 27 degrees from Bram Stoker and 16 degrees from Queen Elizabeth II of the Commonwealth Realms on our single family tree. Login to find your connection.