Samuel WOODY was born on February 12, 1797, in Roane, Tennessee, the only child of John WOODY and Rebecca MCMULLIN. He had nine sons and five daughters with Hannah WOODY between 1818 and 1841. He died on August 23, 1879, in Parker, Texas, having lived a long life of 82 years, and was buried in Springtown, Texas.
- Tennessee State Marriages; Marriage Date: 25 Mar 1817; Marriage County: Roane
- 1820 US Federal Census; Census Place: Orange, North Carolina; Page: 328; NARA Roll: M33_82; Image: 186
- 1830 US Federal Census; Census Place: , Roane, Tennessee; Series: M19; Roll: 180; Page: 51; Family History Library Film: 0024538.
- Texas, Land Title Abstract; File: 2974; Patent: 1743
- Sons of the American Revolution; Membership Application Number: 100517
- FindAGrave.com Memorial #48830102
- Wise County Messenger 15 Jun 1939
Searching for someone else?
Do you have a GEDCOM? Login to have every name in your tree searched. It's free (like everything on WikiTree).
It may be possible to confirm family relationships with Sam by comparing test results with other carriers of his Y-chromosome or his mother's mitochondrial DNA. However, there are no known yDNA or mtDNA test-takers in his direct paternal or maternal line. It is likely that these autosomal DNA test-takers will share significant DNA with Sam:
- Jason W. Crews - AncestryDNA
GEDMatch ID A678344
Ancestry.com member TheTexasGenealogist
- Jason W. Crews - Family Tree DNA Family Finder
Family Tree DNA kit 328982
Have you taken a DNA test for genealogy? Login to add it.
- Login to edit this profile.
- Private Messages: Contact the Profile Managers privately: Jason W. Crews and Wendi Kirk. (Best when privacy is an issue.)
- Public Comments: Login to post. (Best for messages specifically directed to those editing this profile. Limit 20 per day.)
- Public Q&A: These will appear above and in the Genealogist-to-Genealogist (G2G) Forum. (Best for questions directed to the wider genealogy community.)
There are no public comments yet.