Gigi, I find very little if any documentation on him. Perhaps the following which was posted elsewhere in 2009 might help you find some viable sourcing.
There is much tradition to the effect that these Colemans were loyal to the King at the time of the Revolution, particularly Christopher, who is said to have been the owner of Christie's Tavern, made famous in John P. Kennedy's book, "Horseshoe Robinson." Christopher Coleman is supposed to have refugeed to Charleston, where he died during the War. Moreover, one Col. Bob Coleman, not otherwise identified, commanded the tories at the battle of Mobley's Meeting House in Fairfield County.
In any case, if they were loyalists, these Colmans must have been highly inoffensive ones, as their lands were not confiscated.
A History of Union County, South Carolina published by the Union County Historical Foundation (1977) lists persons receiving payments for duty done in Colonel (Thomas) Brandon's Regiment. Among those listed are Mathew, Israel, Isaac, James, and David Robertson, the oldest brothers of John Robertson, and Robert Coleman.
This research book also mentions a tavern owned by Coleman's father, Christopher, located near Grindal Shoals called "Christie's". This tavern is also mentioned in the book titled "Horse Shoe Robinson" by John Pendleton Kennedy (1835), which is a fictionalized account based on the life of James Robertson, Dio Cleason's uncle.
DAR records confirm the Revolutionary War service of Matthew, James, and David, as well as that of Coleman. As a matter of interest, Grindal Shoals, located between Thickety Creek to the north, and Mill Creek to the south, was the most noted ford on the Pacolet River during the Revolution. General Morgan and his troops encamped for 20 days at Grindal Shoals prior to the Battle of Cowpens.
In August, 1852, the mills and stores which had sprung up during the previous century because of its importance as a ford were destroyed by "the great Pacolet River flood." According to Rev. Ivey, "Christie's Tavern" was standing until early 2000 when it was destoryed by an arson fire.