8th cousin 2x thru Coleman line
Connections says I am 21 degrees away from Dale. However, I found the connection was through Mary Gray b. 1653 in Plymouth, who m. Benjamin Rider in Yarmouth in 1680, but whose profile currently has her marrying, as her second husband, William Barbee in Virginia in 1703 and having multiple children by him after the age of 50. The latter link seem clearly incorrect.
Yes! I am a true Southerner dag nabbit! I am the 16th cousin of Dale through the Scottish Stewart Clan. Yay! Now, if I could only drive fast...I guess Telladega Nights will have to suffice, alas, alack. :D Megan
Dale Earnhardt Sr and Megan Finley are both descendants of John Stewart.
1. Dale is the son of Ralph Lee Earnhardt [unknown confidence]
2. Ralph is the son of Effie Mae (Barbee) Miles [unknown confidence]
3. Effie is the daughter of James Hiram Barbee [unknown confidence]
4. James is the son of Josiah Barbee [unknown confidence]
5. Josiah is the son of Hiram Barbee [unknown confidence]
6. Hiram is the son of Catarenah (Tucker) Barbee [unknown confidence]
7. Catarenah is the daughter of Maria Dorthea (Clay) Tucker [unknown confidence]
8. Maria is the daughter of Henry Clay II [unknown confidence]
9. Henry is the son of Margaret Hannah (Mitchell) Clay [confident]
10. Margaret is the daughter of Elizabeth (Innes) Mitchell [unknown confidence]
11. Bettie is the daughter of Andrew Innes [unknown confidence]
12. Andrew is the son of Elizabeth (Douglas) Innes [confident]
13. Elizabeth is the daughter of Elizabeth (Sutherland) Douglas [confident]
14. Elizabeth is the daughter of Alexander Sutherland [confident]
15. Alexander is the son of Elizabeth (Stewart) Mackenzie [unknown confidence]
16. Elizabeth is the daughter of John Stewart [unknown confidence]
17. John is the son of John Stewart [confident]
This makes John the 15th great grandfather of Dale.
Nope - 20 degrees and 14th cousins once removed. My husband is also 20 degrees, but 11th cousins with Dale Earnhardt. But it sure is fun looking!