Who do I turn to for help with an orphaned profile that has a marriage problem?

+4 votes
in WikiTree Help by Sharel McAdoo G2G Crew (710 points)
If you have sources that back up your claim, you can edit them in and make the change.
Yes, I have sources that state that the two women are not the same women so there's no merge possible. The women are children of different parents. The profiles have the women married to the same men and the sources identify the men.  So I can work this all from my side since the profile is an orphan. Thanks

2 Answers

+5 votes

Hi Sharel,

If the profile is orphaned you can adopt the profile and than fix the situation providing you have source information to verify the change. If the profile is not open. You will have to contact info @ wikitree.com and explain the situation and they will most likely add you as profile manager.

by Steve Schmidt G2G6 Pilot (361k points)
Oh please don't encourage me to adopt this profile! I adopt enough stray dogs already.
Adopting a profile doesn't have to be a forever situation. At times I adopt for a day or 2 to address issues with the profile and than re-orphan the profile. However I do understand having the proverbial plate full

Thanks for being helpful with orphaned profiles
+5 votes
When I run into a situation like this and I don't have the time or interest to follow up, I will add my research to the comments or add a section === Research Notes === and add my notes and links to the sources. Every little bit of research is helpful for future researchers of the profile. Sometimes more is better.
by Richard Devlin G2G6 Pilot (234k points)

Related questions

+5 votes
0 answers
69 views asked Apr 13, 2017 in WikiTree Tech by J. Crook G2G6 Pilot (199k points)
+4 votes
1 answer
+7 votes
1 answer

WikiTree  ~  About  ~  Help Help  ~  Search Person Search  ~  Surname:

disclaimer - terms - copyright