Is there any compelling source for this notional marriage between this Richard Vernon and this Juliana de Vescy?
1) she's notionally born the same year her famous father dies. That does happen sometimes. Mostly when some GED editor is forcing dates to work.
2) Their notional marriage ante-dates the birth of their notional children by multiple years. That doesn't happen in this era.
3) She's notionally in her 40s when her only children are born. That doesn't happen in this era.
4) There are no sources in the profile supporting any of the above.
5) The profile bio blurb nambypambys around the obvious problems, and gives a prose warning (which is good). But what it really needs is either disconnection or sourcing.
6) The origin of this claimed relationship and all its problematic details is the acrossthepond.ged which seems, in my limited experienced, to have spammed hundreds of similarly problematic profiles into WikiTree that are now malingering in slow motion.
7) This has been an issue (like all the issues injected into the WikiTree database from that GED) for many years.
What should be done?
Isaac in California
On 23 May 2020 Isaac Taylor wrote on Vesci-5:
The notional marriage between this Vescy and her putative husband Vernon is dated AFTER the birth of their children. And uncredibly late in her life. This has all the hallmarks of falsehood.