Don Martini wrote "Chickasaw Empire: The Story of the Colbert Family, 1721-1907." Second printing was in 1991. On pages 116 (B1) to 118 (B3), Martini indicates James Colbert had eight children:
1. A daughter, probably Sally Colbert, (1st wife) wife of Loyalist Thomas Love, who settled among the Chickasaws in 1782.
2. William, (2nd wife), aka Chooshemataha, Pyaheggo, Billy Colbert, b. ca. 1750 d. April/May 1827 near Pontotoc, MS.
3. George, (2nd wife), aka Tootesmastubbe, b. 1764 d. Ft. Towson, IT (OK), Nov. 7, 1839.
4. Levi, (2nd wife), aka Itawamba Mingo, b. 1759 d Buzzard Roost, June 2, 1834.
5. Joseph Colbert, (2nd wife), mentioned only in King Papers and by Bullen in 1799; may have been adopted by George, Levi, or James.
6. Samuel Colbert, (2nd wife), mentioned only in King Papers; said to have married Nancy Frazier.
7. James, (3rd half-blood wife), b. ca. 1768, d. Doaksvilloe, I.T. May, 1842.
8. Susan (3rd half-blood wife), married by 1797 to Allen, a white man, possibly James Allen who also married Betsy Love.