My father served between the Wars, 1935-1938, Army. Where can I find records?

+1 vote
Donald Vergne Potter, enlisted, may have been a reserve or National Guard unit, but I don't think so.  I believe he was in a Coastal Artillery unit on Chesapeak Bay.  Also served as Quartermaster officer during WWII, and as RA JAGC officer from 1949 till his death in 1966.  Buried at Arlington.  I have a paybook from 1942 that shows "previous service" when he enlisted, but no further information.
in The Tree House by Don Potter G2G Rookie (290 points)

Not sure what the correct name for the department would be, but likely it would be the Veterans, military service and likely Arlington would have his rank and serial number and other such ID info which will be appended to his military "jacket", his service record(s) 

2 Answers

+2 votes
Seved as legal council too Army.Served WW2 and Korea.

Was divorced two times before he married again.Well

educated.What else do you need.
by Wayne Morgan G2G6 Pilot (901k points)
Wayne, where would he apply for information on  his father's military service?
+2 votes
I would try:

FYI, there was a huge fire at the St. Louis facility in the 1970s that destroyed a lot of personnel records, some of which they have been able to reconstruct (I think).
by Dennis Barton G2G6 Pilot (368k points)

Related questions

+3 votes
7 answers
135 views asked Feb 8, 2017 in Genealogy Help by Patricia Vosberg-Hider
+3 votes
2 answers
87 views asked Jun 3, 2019 in The Tree House by Laurie Montague G2G6 (6.1k points)
+2 votes
1 answer

WikiTree  ~  About  ~  Help Help  ~  Search Person Search  ~  Surname:

disclaimer - terms - copyright