Is there a SAR member out there that will verify or NOT a soldier?

+2 votes
There is a dispute, after all these generations that our Ancestor did not participate in the Rev War.  But just because he can not be found on fold3  does not make it NOT true... I know that our name GREER is not in the DAR,  I am a member,  they are all spelled GRIER, so maybe his name is spelled GRIER  there as well.  If you do not find anything then if you can council us as to removing the "Capt"  that will be sad but we are after the TRUTH..
WikiTree profile: William Greer
in The Tree House by Carole Taylor G2G6 Mach 6 (65.6k points)

2 Answers

+3 votes
There are Revolutionar War service records,But many were

lost in a fire.
by Wayne Morgan G2G6 Pilot (922k points)
+3 votes
You can check SAR Patriot files without a membership.

Update- I’m an SAR member and former genealogist for my local chapter, but retired because of brain injuries. I checked, but it seems I can no longer navigate the website. I will ask the members of my local chapter for assistance in your query using the WikiTree profile. I hope this is what you wanted.
by Keven Watkins G2G Crew (770 points)
edited by Keven Watkins

Search Results

Start a New Search

Enter Search Term:

Showing 15 results for "William Greer".


Never had any luck with the SAR  site.......

Related questions

+3 votes
2 answers
150 views asked Jan 5, 2019 in Policy and Style by Alex Stronach G2G6 Pilot (337k points)
+11 votes
2 answers
+13 votes
1 answer
+10 votes
5 answers
+1 vote
5 answers
319 views asked Nov 28, 2020 in Policy and Style by Ed Street G2G6 (6.7k points)
+9 votes
1 answer
+8 votes
1 answer
695 views asked Nov 22, 2017 in Genealogy Help by G. Moore G2G6 Mach 3 (35.6k points)
+6 votes
1 answer

WikiTree  ~  About  ~  Help Help  ~  Search Person Search  ~  Surname:

disclaimer - terms - copyright