This is taken from the DD Project page as an intro to the suggestion sections:
Suggestions are organized by Group (for WikiTree pages) and Genre (for videos) with links to each Individual Suggestion Page.
Suggestions are issues that appear on profiles in WikiTree in the data fields and biography/sources sections.
- Errors - incorrect entries as the result of typos or imports of GEDCOM that need to be corrected;
- Hints - results of inconsistencies in linking to external databases, like Ancestry or others, caused by a typo, an incorrect link to the profile, or an issue that needs investigating; or
- Warnings - produced by uncommon data due to a typo or unique information on profiles and need to be reviewed.
I hope this helps for the introduction to suggestions.
All suggestions fall in one of the 3 types above.
Red = error
Yellow = warning
Blue = hint
Under the Suggestions heading, this should be deleted - I read it and thought people will think: "then why even work on it if they can't be solved? It is a little confusing.
Moreover, many errors cannot be fixed with existing sources. Some data problems are unsolvable.
Or alternatively replace with something like:
Existing sources on WikiTree may not fix the issues and require careful research on other sites. Unfortunately, due to the timeframe or destroyed records, some data problems may not be resolved.
Using "category" for suggestions may be confusing - categories are something different and very definite in WikiTree. Substitute "type" or "These" [under the Title Unique Names for example]. Suggestions are divided into groups in the Data Doctors Project .
You may choose to add the category: Category: Suggestions - Include Profile Completeness to your own profile, and all your managed profiles will be checked. The resulting suggestions are ‘’warnings’’, and will appear on your Suggestions tab report the following Tuesday and updated weekly.
These suggestions show your managed profiles where:
- parental relationship status indicators are not set,
- the birth/death dates or locations are not set, or where the status indicators are blank and those fields have sourced information,
- the birth/death country locations are not recognized or not official; and
- the profiles have short biographies (less than 500 characters).
Be prepared for a possible significant jump in your managed profiles’ suggestions. You are welcome to remove yourself from that category at any time and those suggestions will no longer appear in your Suggestions list.
You can also create a report in WikiTree+ for any of the Profile Completeness suggestions:
- Choose one Profile Completeness Suggestion from the list under Suggestion (click the arrow)
- Enter your WTID in the Managed By tab.
- Click on User Suggestions and your list is generated for that suggestion.
You can repeat this process for each of the Profile Completeness Suggestions listed.
Check the Data Doctors Project Page/Profile Completeness Suggestions for more information. [coming soon, I am working on it now.]