My ancestry dna is not under my birth name but under my married name how do I change it so my results r seen here

+3 votes
in The Tree House by Margaret Bryant G2G Rookie (220 points)

1 Answer

+4 votes
You don't need to change anything.

Your profile here may be created under your maiden name but you can add your married name to the "Current Name" box and you will be known by your married name on your profile.

Please be aware that Wikitree does not accept raw DNA uploads.

Wikitree only needs the details of your test - which company, the type of test and the kit number if relevant. Click the DNA link on the right of your profile, and follow the instructions.

Also if you have uploaded your DNA to GEDmatch then you can also add your GEDmatch ID number to your profile, as well.

Also your DNA cannot be propagated through the wikitree system while you have no ancestors. The sooner you start adding ancestors to your part of the tree, the better.
by Robynne Lozier G2G Astronaut (1.0m points)

Related questions

+3 votes
2 answers
+1 vote
2 answers
190 views asked May 24, 2019 in Genealogy Help by anonymous G2G Rookie (190 points)
+4 votes
1 answer
+2 votes
3 answers
+3 votes
2 answers
269 views asked Jan 10, 2018 in WikiTree Help by anonymous G2G Rookie (220 points)
+9 votes
2 answers

WikiTree  ~  About  ~  Help Help  ~  Search Person Search  ~  Surname:

disclaimer - terms - copyright