The Local Heritage Book Baltimore, version 1, has just gone online.
All entries from the parish register of the Evangelical Lutheran Zion Church Baltimore from the beginning of the parish register 1786 to 1920 are complete. Later entries still concern marriages and deaths until 1977 - depending on the specified protection periods. In addition, entries from the US Census, Find a Grave and the Baltimore daily newspapers have been adopted. Individual families have already been supplemented with entries from German church records (Archion).
Immigrants from all German-speaking (including former) countries appear in the church register. Lower Saxony, Schleswig Holstein, Hamburg, Hesse, Baden and Bavaria are very strongly represented.
58.848 individuals - 14.567 families
The registration of the church register entries was carried out by a team of the Niedersächsischer Landesverein für Familienkunde e.V. (Lower Saxony State Association for Family Studies NLF).
- The German Correspondent - 1857 - 1920 - Daily newspaper in Baltimore - German speaking
- The (Baltimore) Sun - English-speaking
- Baltimore Evening Post - Daily newspaper in Baltimore - English language
- Columbian Centinel - Daily newspaper in the north-east - English language
- and others
- Further data from:
- Health Department of Baltimore - Certificates of Death
- Grave map file Baltinore
- Grave occupancy lists of different cemeteries
- Find a Grave
- Census data
- Passenger lists
- Church records from USA and Germany (Archion)
Additions are gladly accepted, provided that they can also be documented in terms of sources.
Maybe you will find ancestors that you have been looking for a long time.