I've been using WikiTree X to begin the process of moving my current Ancestry Tree to WikiTree. It's worked fine until about the beginning of August or a few days later, at which time've started having the following problem when using to importing of either a father or a child from Ancestry. Here's what happenws
1. I obtain the id on Wikitree for the person Im basing the added profile to and coppy it
2. I go to the Ancestry profile of that person, then navigate to theperson I want linked to the WikiTree profile (example, I'm adding children to their father, so I end up on the profile of a child on ancestry).
3. On ancestry, I click the WikiTree X plugin and get the infot form for Wikitree X.
4. In the form, I use the dropdown box to "child"(for the above example) as the relationship, then paste the copied ID from Wikitree for the ID(from the example here, I'm copying this child's father's ID into the field). and hit the "go" button for that option.
5. Instead of the Add profile screen appearing as usual, the profile of the entry in the box is displayed. (in the example here, that would be the father's profile.
This behaves the same way, whether I'm adding a father or a child. It also happens when trying to add a mother or child of a mother.
I've been successfule, however in adding a wife or husband. I have not tried adding a sibling.
This happens anywhere I try to add people in a parent/child relationship.
I'm used to using this app, and truly appreciate how it works. This has never happened before, and i'm wondering if I've gone crazy, or if there might be something going on with the app. If I can be of help, just let me know. I'll be happy to work with someone if that would be of use. Please help! I'm getting so close to having this first phase of my transfer done, and want to get on with making improved profiles!