How do I change my maiden name?

+3 votes
I would like to correct my profile to show my maiden name as Hamilton and my married name as Jeffries.  When registering for my account, I accidentally put Jeffries as my maiden name instead of Hamilton.  Because I uploaded my GEDcom, I get a message that says my GEDcon has not yet been processed and the Last Name at Birth can't be changed until the uploads have been processed or deleted.  How long must I wait to have my GEDcom processed?

Until, I can correct this, I will continue to get Jeffries DNA Connections when I should be getting Hamilton DNA Connections.

Help!!!  Please tell me how and when I can correct this.
WikiTree profile: Sheryl Jeffries
in WikiTree Tech by Sheryl Jeffries G2G Rookie (220 points)
Sheryl, I don't know why you're getting answers about your gedcom when you want to change your last name at birth.

Make sure you're logged in.

Go to your profile.

Click on the edit tab.

scroll down to your last name at birth. There should be a small "edit" button next to it. Click on it.

Change it to your maiden name. Save.

Then change any other name fields that need changing and save again.

2 Answers

+4 votes

I believe you have to process it


Once done, you can edit your LNAB.

by Marion Poole G2G Astronaut (1.2m points)
+5 votes

or you could delete your gedcom upload, change your account name, then re-upload your gedcom again.

(if you are waiting for your gedcom to be auto-processed... it won't happen... that's not how it works here. You have to manually compare and import each person one at a time.)

by Dennis Wheeler G2G6 Pilot (539k points)

Related questions

+3 votes
0 answers
89 views asked Dec 26, 2015 in Genealogy Help by John Brimberry G2G Crew (370 points)
+1 vote
1 answer
+3 votes
1 answer
+4 votes
2 answers
+29 votes
11 answers
+4 votes
1 answer
+2 votes
1 answer

WikiTree  ~  About  ~  Help Help  ~  Search Person Search  ~  Surname:

disclaimer - terms - copyright