How may I correct/append some of our ancestors names that are listed? here?

+3 votes

In our family line is a Louise Nolte (F) formerly Mensing that was born in 1830.

Our family records indicate that she was known as Louise Mansering.

How may I cross reference this or correct it as it is listed?


WikiTree profile: Wilfred Nolte
in Genealogy Help by Mark Nolte G2G Rookie (250 points)

1 Answer

+1 vote
Best answer
Mark -

On the Edit page for Louise there is a field beneath *Current Last Name* called *Other Last Name(s)*.  You can enter alternate spellings or other married names here, seperated by a comma.  This is essentially an "AKA - Also Known As" and will acheive what I believe you are trying to accomplish.  Louise will be searchable by these names as well as her *Last Name at Birth* and *Current Last Name*

- Mike
by Michael Gabbard G2G6 Mach 1 (19.6k points)
selected by Deborah Mayes

Related questions

+10 votes
3 answers
162 views asked Feb 27, 2018 in Photos by Ron Norman G2G6 Mach 4 (42.1k points)
+6 votes
0 answers
+8 votes
2 answers
195 views asked Aug 23, 2016 in Genealogy Help by anonymous G2G Crew (370 points)
+4 votes
1 answer
81 views asked Aug 20, 2014 in Genealogy Help by Candace Hogan G2G Rookie (290 points)
+6 votes
1 answer
+7 votes
2 answers
137 views asked Oct 29, 2016 in The Tree House by E. Lauraine Syrnick G2G6 Pilot (113k points)
0 votes
1 answer

WikiTree  ~  About  ~  Help Help  ~  Search Person Search  ~  Surname:

disclaimer - terms - copyright