On the 1776 sticker, what is the code for "paid the supply tax"?

+3 votes
in Policy and Style by Karl Shaffer G2G Rookie (220 points)

1 Answer

+4 votes

DAR site states " Some states enacted special tax laws to raise money for supplies. Payment of these “supply” taxes is considered patriotic service."

If you use the 1776 Template  you would use unit=Patriotic Service as seen on the Help page and you could include the state. 

If you use the  1776 Sticker you would use unit=Patriotic as seen on the Help page

by Linda Peterson G2G6 Pilot (622k points)
More detailed like "paid the supply tax" (and when he paid, how much, etc., if known) belongs in the biography.

Related questions

+12 votes
3 answers
+45 votes
4 answers
+18 votes
5 answers
+6 votes
2 answers

WikiTree  ~  About  ~  Help Help  ~  Search Person Search  ~  Surname:

disclaimer - terms - copyright