changing name on DNA

+3 votes
The DNA test was for my father and mother, not myself, how do I change that.
WikiTree profile: Sandra Virgo
in Genealogy Help by Sandra Virgo G2G Rookie (220 points)

1 Answer

+4 votes

Hey Sandra,

Welcome to G2G. You cannot upload DNA results for other people than your self if they are still living. See

by Michel Vorenhout G2G6 Pilot (262k points)

Hi Sandra,

As Michel indicated, living individuals must enter their own DNA test info here at WikiTree, if they'd like it shared here. You can help your mother join (at least as Family Member), if she so desires (add her email address to her profile and invite her). Then she can enter her DNA test info.

It appears that your father is deceased. If he took a DNA test, and if you manage his DNA test results, as manager of his profile, you can enter his DNA test info on his profile. On his profile, use the drop-down menu for his WikiTree ID and choose the DNA option (<== or click here). Then select the DNA Tests tab (<== or click here). There will be a yellow box warning you that you're entering someone else's DNA (which you can ignore, since that's what you want to do). There you can enter your father's DNA test info (be sure to click the "Add Test" button after selecting the particular DNA test and entering the info, to save it all).

Related questions

+4 votes
4 answers
+3 votes
1 answer
+3 votes
2 answers
267 views asked May 2, 2014 in Genealogy Help by John Ribble G2G Crew (370 points)
+2 votes
0 answers
40 views asked Nov 9, 2022 in Genealogy Help by Ken Spratlin G2G4 (4.7k points)
+1 vote
1 answer
+3 votes
1 answer
+8 votes
1 answer

WikiTree  ~  About  ~  Help Help  ~  Search Person Search  ~  Surname:

disclaimer - terms - copyright