Unable to add ggf because I don't know DOB.

+1 vote
in WikiTree Help by Herb Goodman G2G Rookie (190 points)

4 Answers

+1 vote
Best answer
In general you can use a rough year estimate, and then mark the date as uncertain. Sometimes that is all we have. Use only the year in the field for birthdate. Please include an estimate for the location (eg country) as well. That really helps others looking at the same surname.

But make sure you have at least one real source showing the link others is real (otherwise the date is uncertain and the profile unsourced).
by Michel Vorenhout G2G6 Pilot (267k points)
selected by Daniel Bly
+1 vote
Estimate his date of birth using information of other family members.

If parent and child birth dates are available then estimate his as halfway between them.

If only parent or child is available estimate his as about 20 years after or before.
by Pat Credit G2G6 Pilot (166k points)
+2 votes
Do you have his date of marriage?  Then go back 21 years and mark the birthdate as uncertain/estimated.
by Ros Haywood G2G Astronaut (1.5m points)
+1 vote
Do you have his date of death and an age at death?

Year of death minus age at death will give you a rough YOB.
by Robynne Lozier G2G Astronaut (1.1m points)

Related questions

+1 vote
2 answers
130 views asked Jul 29, 2019 in Genealogy Help by Jack Waller G2G Crew (680 points)
+3 votes
1 answer
81 views asked Jul 28, 2019 in WikiTree Tech by Jack Waller G2G Crew (680 points)
+3 votes
1 answer

WikiTree  ~  About  ~  Help Help  ~  Search Person Search  ~  Surname:

disclaimer - terms - copyright