How can I resign from a profile?

+4 votes
How can I resign from Chapman-10078 I Chapman, Isaac? I did not start it and find it is not in my line of ancestry.  It is a mess and I do not have the expertise, nor time to sort it all out.  I am still learning how-to appropriately participate in WikiTree.  Thank you.  Please remove my name or whatever has to be done.


Susan (Powell) Marx-9474
in WikiTree Help by Susan Marx G2G6 (9.7k points)
Actually, you *did* start it.  You imported it in 2017.
Profile needs a lot of cleanup work, but I went in and removed the <ref> tags </ref> that were after the Sources header (those WILL throw up DBEs) -  and I stripped out the html code I saw, because Wikitree does not use html coding, it uses wiki markup language (or whatever the actual term is).

Those long links just need to be texted down using the [square brackets], thusly [humongously long url here (leave a space) text explanation of the link here].

It seems a lot of what is currently sitting below the Sources header could be placed in the biography section.

1 Answer

+8 votes
Go to the profile of Chapman-10078 and click on the tab called 'Privacy'.  Scroll down until you come to a large dark green button: 'Remove Yourself'.  Click it, and you will have done so.
by Ros Haywood G2G Astronaut (1.5m points)

Related questions

+10 votes
1 answer
0 votes
2 answers
+2 votes
1 answer
122 views asked Sep 20, 2014 in WikiTree Tech by Francene Offermann G2G Rookie (190 points)

WikiTree  ~  About  ~  Help Help  ~  Search Person Search  ~  Surname:

disclaimer - terms - copyright