It's like I never added any info to wikitree

+5 votes
No info for father Mother and so on and also on pictures.
in WikiTree Tech by Paul Anderson G2G1 (1.2k points)

3 Answers

+9 votes
I think you may have to email info @ about this.  All of the profiles I have spot-checked from your contribution list have been orphaned.  It looks as though someone may have submitted a form so you are classed as an Unresponsive Profile Manager.  But that's just a guess - contact info@ and they will be able to tell you. Or did you close your account completely?  You haven't been on WikiTree since last November.
by Ros Haywood G2G Astronaut (1.5m points)
+12 votes

Is it possible that you didn't respond to trusted list requests?  There's a comment on your profile from 4 months ago asking you to respond.  If an unresponsive profile manager request was submitted and you didn't respond to Wikitree admin, then you could have been removed as the profile manager of profiles that you manage.  If your parents were private profiles, they might have been deleted, but the non-private profiles are probably still there. As an example, here's a profile that you created for Charles Guy Russell that is now orphaned:  If this is what happened, you will need to find your grandparents' profiles.  If your parents aren't attached as children, you can re-create them and then re-attach to your profile.  Please don't create duplicate profiles.

by Kerry Larson G2G6 Pilot (192k points)
+10 votes

Hi Paul,

Sorry to hear about your missing tree.  It appears that they are all still there, you just need to reconnect to them.  I'm not sure if you were disconnected from them as a result of the GDPR (Euro data protection law) or if a family member asked to be added to the trusted list and you didn't reply.

It appears as though Neil is the profile manager for most of your immediate family:

I'd recommend to start off by sending him a message and asked to be added back as the profile manager of the profiles that are important to you.  If he will agree to do this, that may be the fastest way to fix it and you might even reunite with a nephew and forge a new genealogy collaboration yes.

edit: spelling

by SJ Baty G2G Astronaut (1.1m points)
edited by SJ Baty

Related questions

+10 votes
3 answers
+3 votes
4 answers
+2 votes
0 answers
+3 votes
1 answer
+3 votes
0 answers
+2 votes
1 answer
140 views asked Aug 7, 2022 in Genealogy Help by Bob Shepherd G2G3 (3.4k points)

WikiTree  ~  About  ~  Help Help  ~  Search Person Search  ~  Surname:

disclaimer - terms - copyright