It looks like you have part of the problem corrected now. These things happen sometimes when an incorrect relationship is created, especially when a generation is missed. It is easy to fix usually by removing an incorrectly connected spouse or parent.
When a parent is added to a profile or a child is added to a parent, you can enter the Wikitree ID at the top of the form, and select GO, BUT, it is better to scroll down the page to see what is at the bottom of the page. There can be another person listed at the bottom with a checkbox already checked, ie the spouse of the person being entered above or other children. That checkbox will generate another connection automatically if the connection has not already been made. It is recommended to scroll down because that can help to verify that you have entered the correct Wikitree ID at the top.
Looking at the Changes log, I found a few things that caused it.
- On John Kirton-326 (1872-1959), Samuel Kirton-405 (1893-1970) was added as a child of John at 16:03
- On Agnes Abrams-1792 (1842-1924), Samuel Kirton-405 (1893-1970) (same person as above) was added as a child of Agnes at 16:08. That is probably not his mother, it is his grandmother because that is John Kirton-326 mother, not his spouse Mary McConnell-4192 (1864-1940)
- On Kirton-326, Agnes Abrams-1792 was connected as a spouse of her child John Kirton-326 with the comment 'Connected spouses while adding mother'. That indicates that when Agnes was added as a mother of John Kirton-326, it connected them as spouses. Note that the 'comment' is something fairly new, so 'we' are appreciative of the comment now. Previously, the connection was made, but we had nothing in the Changes log to know 'when' the problem occurred.
The mother on Samuel Kirton-405 'probably' needs to be changed from Agnes Abrams-1792 to Mary McConnell-4192.
- To correct that, go into Edit mode on Samuel Kirton-405 profile, select the 'replace/remove mother' on the right side under Agnes name, enter McConnell-4192, don't click on the Go
- scroll to the bottom so you can verify that Samuel's father is selected with the checkbox at the bottom.