Someone merged their ancestor with mine. How do I get my ancestor back?

+3 votes
WikiTree profile: Mary Hartsock
in WikiTree Help by Gerri Hines G2G1 (1.7k points)
Thank you form the quick response. My profile still shows the wrong Mary Barnes. How do I replace with my ancestor?

The word you want for that is "attached".  So Susan Mary is NOT you ancestress, but Mary is?

I disconnected the wrong Barnes, and connected Barnes-20549 as mother.  (She was already the wife.)

1 Answer

+6 votes
Best answer
That profile has not been merged at all.

Another profile was put as an unmerged match, but it was a different person, so I rejected it.
by Marion Poole G2G Astronaut (1.2m points)
selected by James Moon
That is correct. Mary E Barnes (Barnes-20549) is my ancestress.

Thank you

Related questions

0 votes
2 answers
118 views asked Oct 3, 2019 in WikiTree Help by anonymous
+6 votes
0 answers
+4 votes
2 answers
+14 votes
2 answers
+2 votes
1 answer
202 views asked Dec 6, 2020 in Genealogy Help by Living Swift G2G6 (7.9k points)
+4 votes
1 answer
+5 votes
2 answers
162 views asked Aug 11, 2016 in Genealogy Help by Dennis Watts G2G Rookie (280 points)

WikiTree  ~  About  ~  Help Help  ~  Search Person Search  ~  Surname:

disclaimer - terms - copyright