I believe we have two contemporary John Moon(e)s that are completely different people from different families and yet identified on Wikitree as brothers. I believe we can get them straightened out, but I need insight from anyone who has knowledge of these English families.
This is what I see: John Moone-42 (https://www.wikitree.com/wiki/Moone-42
) is a fairly well-developed biography with sources that appear to be relevant. (See Changes for recent changes that I made.)
John Moon-326 is attached to the same parents as Moone-42; the data and sources under "See also:" appear to have him conflated with Moone-42. (See "Disputed Parentage" and "Research Notes.") I wrote the short biography, but it is supported mostly by family trees and by only one fairly strong source, an index to the will of John Moone.
I propose these additional changes to Moone-326:
(1) Change the parents to Robert Moon (Moone-3) and Alice Dilworth Moon (Dilworth-7)
(2) Change the death date & place to: before 15 Apr 1638, Lancashire, England
(3) Change the birth date & place to: before 1590, Lancashire, England
(4) Delete the biography section "Disputed Parentage"
(5) Delete the "Research Notes"
(6) Delete the sources following "See also" (They either reference Moone-42 or have no meaning for this profile.)
Before changing the data section and erasing the notes on the profile, I encourage comments, additional information, and (above all) relevant sources.
Thank you for your help!
Update: These changes were made on 6 Jul 2021. Thanks again for your input.