How to contact professional genealogist in NSW,Australia?

+3 votes
I have been helped in tracing my ggg'father who was one of two brothers John and Thomas(mine)Whelan who arrived from Cork in 1813 on 'Archduke Charles',but they arrived as 'Phelan'.I understand they went to Menangle which matches marriage records I have BUT,these records also indicate 'this' Thomas Whelan was about 40 in 1856,(b1816??),which is no match for the 1813 arrival.So I'm well and truly stuck,time to work on this being the main problem.Is this a fair question?

Peter Phelan
in Genealogy Help by Peter Phelan G2G1 (1.2k points)
retagged by Chris Whitten

2 Answers

+1 vote
Before contacting someone professional try posting your question at one of the Australian Genealogy groups on FaceBook. There are a lot of people there who have good suggestions.
by Rosemary Jones G2G6 Pilot (244k points)
+1 vote
If you want to pay someone, do a google search for    NSW Australia professional genealogist     That will give you a number of possibilities to check into.

If you knew the name of his wife, that might help narrow the search. As it is,   shows a lot of men named Thomas Whelan born in Ireland.

Very similar to the first example:

This one looks interesting:

You can search at no cost, just by entering what you have at
by Frank Gill G2G Astronaut (2.3m points)

Related questions

+1 vote
1 answer
+10 votes
1 answer
+3 votes
2 answers
+1 vote
1 answer
227 views asked Nov 4, 2018 in Genealogy Help by Anthony Carroll G2G5 (5.7k points)
0 votes
1 answer
+4 votes
4 answers

WikiTree  ~  About  ~  Help Help  ~  Search Person Search  ~  Surname:

disclaimer - terms - copyright