re: more details, - this is a strange one and long on details.
1. Amanda was raped and had a child by a neighbor at age 14.
Grandparents raised Richard Schultz.
2. Amanda Bertha Schultz was the daughter of Frederick & Caroline Schultz. They lived in the Verdi, Lincoln County, MN area from 1892-1910 when the rest of the family moved to Everett, Washington.
3.Rudolph Linke was married to # 1. Amealia Trautman . She died at childbirth, and is buried in the Emanuel Lutheran Cemetery which is between Verdi, Mn and Lake Benton,MN. They had two daughters, Clara and Minnie, and a son, Theo. that died at 1 yr. old.(maybe buried near mother, -no marking on one small stone) Point is , proper burial..
4. Amanda was married to Rudolph Linke in 1895 in Lincoln Co., MN. They had 5 girls, Alma, the last girl born in 1902 at Lake Benton, MN.
The 1910 Federal Census for Brookings, Brookings, SD shows Rudolph with the girls, but no Amanda. - Two girls, Linda Louise Linke and sister Alseda Hulda Helene Linke were confirmed on June 11, 1911 at First Lutheran Church in Brookiings,signed by Pastor. (Just sent micro-film back to ECLA Archives) Parents names were Rudolph & Amanda Linke. I did not see Rudolph or Amanda anywhere else on that film. Does that mean Amanda was living on that day? Only Sadie is on the 1915 State Census for Brookings, SD. According to "Dorothy" (my neighbor, - daughter of Linda Louise) there was a "hush, hush" about Amanda? No court records or cemetery records for Amanda in Lincoln County, MN.
5. Rudolph and the girls are next found in Sterling, IL. , where he later married Rose___.
6. I'm not a relative, only trying to help, and many Thanks to Everyone reading this and offering suggestions.