I misspelled an entire branch of my family trees last name, should be Landsdale not lansdale.

+2 votes
How do I correct a large number of mistakes?
WikiTree profile:
in Genealogy Help by Anonymous Sutton G2G Rookie (250 points)
I believe it will be a long process. Will leave the question open but do not foresee easy answer.
Looked at the profiles there might be duplicates, that could be merged. If so the merge could be done and change the name at the same time.

1 Answer

+1 vote
Sorry David, looks like the only way is the hard way. Merges probably will not work unless there was a name change along the way and the lines do not look the same.

If your not sure how the name change works contact me or see:

by M Lechner G2G6 Mach 6 (62.0k points)
Michael is right. You can't do bulk edits on WikiTree. And the Last Name at Birth is an especially important edit since they are used for WikiTree IDs. When the names are changed the profiles will redirect from Lansdale-X to Landsdale-Y.

Related questions

+3 votes
1 answer
+4 votes
2 answers
+3 votes
1 answer
+4 votes
1 answer
+7 votes
2 answers
112 views asked Oct 11, 2016 in The Tree House by T. Greer G2G Crew (370 points)

WikiTree  ~  About  ~  Help Help  ~  Search Person Search  ~  Surname:

disclaimer - terms - copyright