I am very likely the direct descendant of John Hay (Hay-1038). I say this because at this point I have not proven it yet but I have seen several family trees that confirm the likelihood. I’m attempting to find out whether or not he was my line's original immigrant to the US. If not, then I hope to eventually discover which ancestor is my line's original Hay immigrant.
This John Hay was born in 1735 (approximately) in Virginia. He is said to have married Mary Hendrick in 1758 in Virginia. He had the following children:
1) Thomas A. Hay (born 1766 in Pittsylvania County, VA – died 1830 in Russell County, VA) married Elizabeth Haley (born 1770 in Russell County, VA – died 17 Mar 1835 in Russell County, VA)
2) Reuben Hay (born 1776 Charlotte County, VA – died 1823 in Virginia) married Elizabeth Fuqua (born 1775 in Charlotte County, VA – died after 1823)
3) Elizabeth Hay (born 1 Apr 1792 in Charlotte County, VA – died 06 Dec 1882 in Somerset County, PA) married John George Weller (born 26 Apr 1792 – died 01 Mar 1867)
4) Dolly Hay (born in Charlotte County, VA) married William Browne (born 1759 in Surry County, VA)
5) Rachel Hay (born in Charlotte County, VA) married Joseph Graves
If anybody has more information or could help me in a concentrated and focused effort to find out more about this John Hay (Hay-1038) I would very much appreciate it. Together, I look forward to furthering our shared knowledge of this line.