I need to merge in not the prefered direction HELP

+5 votes
There are two names the same John, father and John, son.  I put name of spouse on wrong John, so son is married to his mother.  I need to merge in direction of last entry (Enloe-309 into Enloe-310)  Why cant you just delete and start over?
WikiTree profile: Sally Dowdle
in Genealogy Help by Medora Johnson G2G Rookie (280 points)
Just to clarify, You want Sarah Enlow m. to John Walker Dowdle

and their son John Fletcher Dowdle married to Annie Gibbs
Just merge 310 into 309.  Don't worry, it'll come out right.
Thanks, I seem to have gotten it fixed.

1 Answer

+3 votes
Hi, You don't need to merge to fix a link problem, write down all the correct reference numbers  as they should be then go into edit on first record and look to the right side and you have the option for edit father , edit mother, edit spouse and in there you can give the right reference numbers in, think there are options for remove father/mother/souse at the bottom on the edit page to. Hope this helps :)
by Paula Dea G2G6 Mach 5 (55.5k points)

Related questions

+5 votes
0 answers
+5 votes
2 answers
149 views asked Feb 19, 2014 in Policy and Style by Kyle Dane G2G6 Mach 9 (97.5k points)
+6 votes
3 answers

WikiTree  ~  About  ~  Help Help  ~  Search Person Search  ~  Surname:

disclaimer - terms - copyright