How do I enter multiple names on a person?

+9 votes
(1) My wife has born M J J, (2) She married, becoming M J C. Had 2 kids. Got divorced retaining M J C. (3) Married me, becoming M J C-Falksen. She kept the C to connect with her kids while they were minors. (4) After they got older, she  switched to using M J Falksen. (5) She legally changed to T E Falksen. --- It seems pretty clear how to handle 1 and 2, How do I enter the compound name-3? How do I enter the shedding of the compound name-4? How do I enter the legal name change-5?
in Policy and Style by Living Falksen G2G Crew (840 points)
retagged by Keith Hathaway

2 Answers

+3 votes
Hello James,

In Edit, you can add other nicknames, last names and preferred names; as well as, connect spouses with a start and end date.

Then in the biography portion explain the name changes and her (your) reasons.

Hope this helps getting the process started.
by Kathleen Heath G2G6 Mach 2 (21.5k points)
+1 vote
If the hyphenated name was a temporary though legal state, i would enter it under Other last names and I would note that in the bio. You could put C as Other last name also (separating with commas). I'd suggest T E for preferred first name and Falksen as the Current Last Name, describing the history in a narrative.
by Sandi Wiggins G2G6 Mach 6 (68.8k points)
Like Sandi says:

The Other Last Names field accommodates as many last names as you need to list. Just separate them with commas. So for her you can list "C, C-Falksen" in that field.

Related questions

+8 votes
3 answers
+7 votes
2 answers
+12 votes
4 answers
220 views asked Oct 14, 2017 in The Tree House by J. Crook G2G6 Pilot (224k points)
+12 votes
1 answer
155 views asked Mar 29, 2016 in Policy and Style by Matthew Fletcher G2G6 Pilot (128k points)
+7 votes
1 answer
+4 votes
2 answers
+2 votes
1 answer

WikiTree  ~  About  ~  Help Help  ~  Search Person Search  ~  Surname:

disclaimer - terms - copyright